• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

If they only had A-10s.... and local air superiority

post today GIF
There would be kibbles and bits of A-10 littering the battlefield.

Is an A10 that inferior to a SU-24/25?
No, but the Sukhois don’t appear to be achieving much either. All you see is them arc-lobbing rockets into the sun. I’ve yet to see any effective use of these aircraft in actually directly firing on Russian ground forces. Not saying it’s never happened, but they appear reluctant to commit the aircraft over the FEBA.

Remember this is over Russia, the Russians still have AWACS, some GBAD, and lots of interceptors that would be working in a much more permissive environment. I think UAS have largely replaced that capability in actual use.

The risk of being apolitical and living in a bubble is - life happens while you are blissed out

Last edited:
No, but the Sukhois don’t appear to be achieving much either. All you see is them arc-lobbing rockets into the sun. I’ve yet to see any effective use of these aircraft in actually directly firing on Russian ground forces. Not saying it’s never happened, but they appear reluctant to commit the aircraft over the FEBA.

Remember this is over Russia, the Russians still have AWACS, some GBAD, and lots of interceptors that would be working in a much more permissive environment. I think UAS have largely replaced that capability in actual use.
I dont know how the Ukrainians are still there in Russian territory without being obliterated by the VKS although i note they often seem to miss their targets

There would be kibbles and bits of A-10 littering the battlefield.
That would require actual Russian GBAD willing to stay and launch or fighters willing to risk the F16's.

And the scaredycat US administration actually having 'disposed of' a bunch of A10's to a Ukrainian contractor for 'demilitarisation/destruction' instead of just parking them in the boneyard. Nobody apparently listened to Eric Prince two years ago however. #opportunitylost

Last edited:
That would require actual Russian AD willing to stay and launch or fighters willing to risk the F16's.

And the scardycat US administration actually having 'disposed of' a bunch of A10's to a Ukrainian contractor for 'demilitarisation/destruction' instead of just parking them in the boneyard. Nobody apparently listened to Eric Prince two years ago however. #opportunitylost
You’re simply wishing away the Russian Air Force with its AWACS and reasonably long ranged missile armed interceptors. The Kursk salient is not likely to be a permissive environment for close air support for either side. Very little in this war has been.

You’re simply wishing away the Russian Air Force with its AWACS and reasonably long ranged missile armed interceptors. The Kursk salient is not likely to be a permissive environment for close air support for either side. Very little in this war has been.
cant fly low and cant fly high and cant have enough MANPADS and GBAD

Video game clip.
🥺 Wrong generation I guess, never play them.

And on a tangentially related note, anybody have a link to the news conference where Zelensky claimed the historically Ukrainian lands in the Russian border region?

Too ironic if Putins claims are flipped back on him...

Last edited:
Actually .... GB is Great Britain. The big island. England, Wales, Scotland. The UK includes N. Ireland, Isle of Mann, the channel islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark etc)
Geographically true (with D&B’s great map to explain the subtleties), but the source says the code for the whole kit & kanoodle/country is GB/GBR . Sorta like a lot of Sicilians don’t consider themselves Italian, but have to live with the ITA/IT thing :)

UAV video purporting to be and consistent with the convoy hit. Looks like the convoy was stopped and hit then with at least four shots. That may mean fewer troops mounted up, but perhaps not. Quite a few trucks from the front took off.

I tried counting the number of trucks in the far left side of the video that pulled out, I think I was able to identify 10-12. If that is accurate and 10-12 were destroyed, then approximately 50% causalities for this unit.

Back