• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

I have to think Ukraine has more planned as well. The first week’s efforts seem to be slowing down- to be expected as friction points accumulate and the Russians move forces in. It may be as simple as opening new axes of advance to leverage where the Russians are still or have become thin. It doesn’t sound like this is impacting the Donbas much, but time will tell.
Looking at what Russia has redeployed it appears that it is going to impact a bunch.

As there seems to be a hearty zeal to send a bunch of units directly into contact piecemeal - and divert other units around to set up defensive lines 40km or so deeper into Russia.

There is confirmation that at least two BN’s of RuAF where wiped out (from different Bde’s) by HIMARS strikes over the last two days - as well as other strikes deeper into Russia that OS BDA isn’t available for.

Combined with the Ukrainians flying strike missions into Crimea with F-16’s that seem to be inflicting some significant damage.

Then the strike on Lipetsk Mikitary airport - @Good2Golf was correct my initial google earth shot was the civilian the airport not the Southern Mil Airport. Most recent Satellite info just before the strike showed a bunch of aircraft on the tarmac - they aren’t in hangars - just arrayed on the tarmac some with small revetments between aircraft- so the strike and secondary’s may have taken some of them down - but I haven’t seen any recent airfield images (and I’m not paying to get them at this point).

IMG_1526.jpeg

Back