• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

Did Hell just freeze over?  Did the Leafs win?  Something must have happened......I just agreed with Rob Ford !!!

I'm living in the wrong country.

Buddy in BC has many wives, according to his Christian beliefs and has spent decades defending himself.

There is a Muslem pipeline in the GTA allowing multiple wives?

How did this happen?

E.R. Campbell said:
This ... Some people are too stupid to breathe on their own.

Easy peasy.....if they immigrate to Canada, we'll just put them up the OUR Syrian Refugees......problem solved.....

George Wallace said:
Guess they don't read or watch the NEWS.

I have family in the US.  When I visit them, it shocks me (it shouldn't anymore, but it still does) how little world news gets put in the average network news show.  My cousins would say that in LA, most people wouldn't care about world events but damn if they didn't know what the Kardashians were doing in 5-min intervals.

It's true then, L.A. must be a portal or gateway to Hell.  OMG- the thought of hearing or seeing about that disgusting family all the time.  The horror, the horror.

Dimsum said:
. . . .  My cousins would say that in LA, most people wouldn't care about world events but damn if they didn't know what the Kardashians were doing in 5-min intervals.

But it is the continuum of the American experience.  Now the number one focus of their attention is the descendant off-spring of Armenian refugees.  One hundred years from now, the illiterati will be watching "Keeping up with the (insert racially stereotypical Syrian name here)" in order to get their fix of stupidity.

These are probably the same ones who said they would move north when they brought in socialized medicine in the US. And the same ones who made the same threat when recreational marijuana was legalized in several states. And the same ones who freaked and threatened to run when the Supremes legalized same sex marriage.

I suggest one of two possible solutions:

Either we annex the US and make them the newest Canadian Provinces so the Terrorists no longer have a place to target since the US will no longer exist

or

We join the US as the 51st thru 60th states and 3 newest territories, to keep the bat poop crazy 'Muricans out of Canada.

cupper said:
These are probably the same ones who said they would move north when they brought in socialized medicine in the US. And the same ones who made the same threat when recreational marijuana was legalized in several states. And the same ones who freaked and threatened to run when the Supremes legalized same sex marriage.

I suggest one of two possible solutions:

Either we annex the US and make them the newest Canadian Provinces so the Terrorists no longer have a place to target since the US will no longer exist

or

We join the US as the 51st thru 60th states and 3 newest territories, to keep the bat poop crazy 'Muricans out of Canada.
Or a fence along the Canada-US border to prevent their wingnuts from mixing with our wingnuts and creating a black hole that will annihilate our universe  [:'(

Isn't it the mixing of wingnuts with anti-wingnuts that creates black holes  ??? All that modern physics confuses me.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Isn't it the mixing of wingnuts with anti-wingnuts that creates black holes  ??? All that modern physics confuses me.
Their wingnuts spin right, ours spin left - put 'em together and voila: instant chaos  :-\

No, we need to start a breeding program one left wingnut with one right wingnut. This will ultimately cancel each side out and we will reach the promised utopia. ;D

cupper said:
No, we need to start a breeding program one left wingnut with one right wingnut. This will ultimately cancel each side out and we will reach the promised utopia. ;D

taz5.gif

Free Ottawa yoga class scrapped over 'cultural issues'

BY AEDAN HELMER, OTTAWA SUN
FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2015 08:58 PM EST | UPDATED: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2015 02:12 PM EST

Student leaders have pulled the mat out from 60 University of Ottawa students, ending a free on-campus yoga class over fears the teachings could be seen as a form of "cultural appropriation."

Jennifer Scharf, who has been offering free weekly yoga instruction to students since 2008, says she was shocked when told in September the program would be suspended, and saddened when she learned of the reasoning.

Staff at the Centre for Students with Disabilities believe that "while yoga is a really great idea and accessible and great for students ... there are cultural issues of implication involved in the practice," according to an email from the centre.

The centre is operated by the university's Student Federation, which first approached Scharf seven years ago about offering yoga instruction to students both with and without disabilities.

The centre goes on to say, "Yoga has been under a lot of controversy lately due to how it is being practiced," and which cultures those practices "are being taken from."

The centre official argues since many of those cultures "have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy ... we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practising yoga."

The concept of cultural appropriation is normally applied when a dominant culture borrows symbols of a marginalized culture for dubious reasons -- such as the fad of hipsters donning indigenous headdresses as a fashion statement, without any regard to cultural significance or stereotype.

But Scharf, a yoga teacher with the downtown Rama Lotus Centre, said the concept does not apply in this case, arguing the complaint that killed the program came instead from a "social justice warrior" with "fainting heart ideologies" in search of a cause celebre.

"People are just looking for a reason to be offended by anything they can find," said Scharf.

"There's a real divide between reasonable people and those people just looking to jump on a bandwagon. And unfortunately, it ends up with good people getting punished for doing good things."

There were about 60 students who participated in the free program.

Acting student federation president Romeo Ahimakin denied the decision resulted from a complaint.

Ahimakin said the student federation put the yoga session on hiatus while they consult with students "to make it better, more accessible and more inclusive to certain groups of people that feel left out in yoga-like spaces. ... We are trying to have those sessions done in a way in which students are aware of where the spiritual and cultural aspects come from, so that these sessions are done in a respectful manner."

Scharf offered a compromise, suggesting she change the name from yoga to "mindful stretching," since that would reflect the content of the program and would "literally change nothing about the course."

"I'm not pretending to be some enlightened yogi master, and the point (of the program) isn't to educate people on the finer points of the ancient yogi scripture," she told the Sun.

"The point is to get people to have higher physical awareness for their own physical health and enjoyment."

According to email correspondence between Scharf and the centre, student leaders debated rebranding the program, but stumbled over how the French translation for "mindful stretching" would appear on a promotional poster, and eventually decided to suspend the program.

Student federation official Julie Seguin sympathized with Scharf, defending the use of the term "yoga," and saying, "I am also still of the opinion that a single complaint does not outweigh all of the good that these classes have done."

Seguin said "labeling the CSD's yoga lessons as cultural appropriation is questionable (and) debatable" and called on further discussion with the student executive.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/20/free-ottawa-yoga-class-scrapped-over-cultural-issues

The older I get, the more stupid I think our population is becoming.  This cancellation of the free yoga classes at the U of O just reenforces that opinion.  The inmates are running that asylum.

Note to the U of O special snowflakes who believe free yoga is cultural appropriation: you're hereby summoned to cease drinking beer as such consumption by non-Germans is offensive to my Germanic ancestry.  ::)

Why is it that we let the mentally retarded fringe dictate things?  There was a time when we would treat the general population with compassion by locking the nutters up in insane asylums under the care of properly trained alienists.

College Students Say Remembering 9/11 is Offensive to Muslims

The everything-is-offensive brand of campus activism has struck a new low: Students at the University of Minnesota killed a proposed moment of silence for 9/11 victims due to concerns—insulting, childish concerns—that Muslim students would be offended.

You can't make this up, folks.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/22/college-students-say-remembering-9-11-is-offensive-to-muslims.html

In general, people under 25 are offended by anything that is not positive to their way of thinking.
The worst part is, my through my experience, more experienced people join the offended  in defense of these "youth".
Rational thought has gone out the window.

Back