• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

^ “We are addicted to the rush of being offended” ^

Jerry Seinfeld

I remember the olden days when good idea fairies were told STFU and sit down.

Now they run the joint

They have run off all the free thinkers and right of centre types, now they can only eat their own.

As a student leader on a University campus, stuff like this saddens me.

See one of our most recent on campus "issues". Professors have even gotten involved on both sides, as have the Star and the National Post.  :-\

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/10/29/prime-minister-statues-have-no-place-on-our-campus.html

cavalryman said:
Note to the U of O special snowflakes who believe free yoga is cultural appropriation: you're hereby summoned to cease drinking beer as such consumption by non-Germans is offensive to my Germanic ancestry.  ::)

Why is it that we let the mentally retarded fringe dictate things?  There was a time when we would treat the general population with compassion by locking the nutters up in insane asylums under the care of properly trained alienists.

I am waiting for those twits to clue into how stupid their statement and actions are.  What do they think of the Pizza and Chinese Food being delivered on campus after hours to people in the Residences?  Are those not "cultural appropriations" of the Italian and Chinese cultures?  What about the university's Golf and Curling teams?  Are they not "cultural appropriations" of the Scottish culture?  The list could go on and on with everything in campus life from sports to food to classes to entertainment events and locations.

George Wallace said:
I am waiting for those twits to clue into how stupid their statement and actions are.  What do they think of the Pizza and Chinese Food being delivered on campus after hours to people in the Residences?  Are those not "cultural appropriations" of the Italian and Chinese cultures?  What about the university's Golf and Curling teams?  Are they not "cultural appropriations" of the Scottish culture?  The list could go on and on with everything in campus life from sports to food to classes to entertainment events and locations.

Because its 1984.

Not 2015

Hamish Seggie said:
Because its 1984.

Not 2015
Ummmm..no.  Prime Minister Trudeau The Younger has declared it to be 2015 because social justice. ::)

George Wallace said:
Are those not "cultural appropriations" of the Italian and Chinese cultures?
Speaking for the bit in yellow, I can say adding pineapple to pizza may or may not be "appropriation", but it sure constitutes a food crime  ;D

First they came for the yoga instructors, but I did nothing ....  :facepalm:

milnews.ca said:
Speaking for the bit in yellow, I can say adding pineapple to pizza may or may not be "appropriation", but it sure constitutes a food crime  ;D

So are "Chicken Balls" and "Chop Suey".  Actually, anything that is "Chinese-Canadian" or "Chinese-American" "food". 

Dimsum said:
So are "Chicken Balls" and "Chop Suey".  Actually, anything that is "Chinese-Canadian" or "Chinese-American" "food".

It depends upon how drunk you are when it arrives.

cavalryman said:
Ummmm..no.  Prime Minister Trudeau The Younger has declared it to be 2015 because social justice. ::)

BUT they (THE GOOD IDEA Fairies) have made it 1984, despite what The Younger has said....and he meant to say "cause its 1984" [:D

"But they were for personal use ...."
A Canadian college student caught at a border checkpoint in August 2014 with 51 live turtles in his pants pleaded guilty to six smuggling charges on Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Kai Xu, 27, of Windsor, Ontario, admitted to smuggling or trying to smuggle more than 1,600 turtles of different species out of the United States from April 2014 until his arrest in September 2014. Each of the six counts carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.

In August 2014, Xu crossed the U.S.-Canada border into Detroit and was watched by U.S. agents as he picked up a package at a parcel center and appeared to transfer items before heading back to the border, according to a criminal complaint.

When he passed back through the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel, Xu was stopped by Canadian Border Services, which found and seized 41 live turtles taped to his legs and 10 hidden between his legs, the complaint said ....

I hope none were snapping turtles.  Although that would have lowered the chance of him procreating.

Re: Turtle smuggler, maybe his not procreating would improve the human gene pool, can't comment on that of the turtles.

I think it's cultural misappropriation to wear plaid, how am I able to distinguish my Scottish heritage with all these wannabes wearing our plaid!!  :dileas: :piper:

However in interests of harmony, we may be willing to rent the right to you for a wee sum..... :nod: 

milnews.ca said:

Same for spinach or a fried egg!

::)
Perhaps he got drunk while watching a rerun of the old scifi series "Space: Above and Beyond"?

Yahoo News

Brit Who Hacked NASA ‘Found Evidence Of Warships In Space’

Yahoo News – 11 hours ago
A Brit hacker who managed to gain access to top secret NASA computers has astonishingly claimed to have found evidence of U.S. warships stationed in space.

Gary McKinnon, who was wanted by America over the biggest military hack of all time, said that he discovered a secret space programme run by the American Navy.

Speaking to UFO channel RichPlanet TV, the 49-year-old revealed: “I used a program called Landsearch, which could search all the files and folders.

“But I scanned and looked for documents, I found an Excel spreadsheet which said, ‘Non-terrestrial officers’.

“It had ranks and names. It had tabs for ‘material transfer’ between ships.

(...SNIPPED)

Kharma is a biatch...

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/burglary-suspect-hiding-in-pond-killed-by-11-foot-alligator-authorities-say/ar-AAg90Hh?li=AAadgLE&ocid=HPCDHP

Back