• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Selection

Rohann

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, I just registered here and I have a question:
I applied for the Infantry Reserve on Vancouver Island, B.C., a few months ago (Princess Mary's Canadian Scottish Regiment). I went for testing and passed all my tests, and they sent my forms to Ottawa for processing. It's been 9 weeks and I still haven't gotten a word, so I'm started to get worried. When is the cutoff for training selection? I'm hoping to be able to do BMQ and Infantry training this summer.

Thanks,
-Rohann

I'm not expert, but if it gets back soon I'd bet you'd get your BMQ and SQ over Summer. Have you called to inquire about your paperwork?

Just called the CFRC today and they said that they're sending my paperwork to the Reserve Unit, and it could take about 2-3 weeks. Do they mean the Reserve Unit I applied for (CScots) or to Ontario?

-Rohann

to the Reserve Unit

Well unless you are now joining a reserve unit in Ottawa that would be to the CScots.

HH

Oh ok thanks, that sounds good. Well hopefully they want me...I think I joined at a good time though, as they said they were in need specifically of Reserve Infantry. And what qualifications do you really need to be a grunt :P ;)?

-Rohann

And what qualifications do you really need to be a grunt  ?

The ability to ask asinine questions so you should do fine. ;D

Rohann said:
:-[ ;D. Meant no disrespect!

-Rohann

No disrespect felt.  The ability to take a good ribbing once in a while is another attribute of a successful member of the CF.

I'll remember that! I've taken many a good ribbing ;). As a matter of fact, my dream job is to be some form or another of a Grunt.

-Rohann

Well I'm getting worried. I don't mean to be impatient but I really want to know whether or not I'm going to BMQ and infantry this summer...If the papers were processed and they sent the papers to the reserve unit I applied for, is there any reason why they wouldn't accept me or any reason why I wouldn't make BMQ?

-Rohann

Well I phoned the recruiter yesterday and they said they're still waiting for my application to come in, but the recruiter is sure I'll get in in time for basics, so I'm not too worried anymore.

-Rohann

Back