• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Don Martin seems to be grasping at straws with that one... I follow politics more closely than the average voter, and even I had no idea who Fraser is. Since when has competency been what people vote for?

My guess is he's looking for hope where none is to be found.

I think Don Martin quickly revealing his political biases. Which I am ok with, just be honest and come out and say it.

Don Martin seems to be grasping at straws with that one... I follow politics more closely than the average voter, and even I had no idea who Fraser is. Since when has competency been what people vote for?

My guess is he's looking for hope where none is to be found.
Fraser’s ‘success’ was a stellar 11,000 of 40,000 Afghan refugees brought to Canada. Those that didn’t make it included a high profile female MP who was killed by the Taliban while Canada faffed around doing a crappy job saving people who risked their lives supporting Canada during its time in AFG.

If Fraser’s the best the LPC has for 2025, they truly deserve losing official party status…

Fraser’s ‘success’ was a stellar 11,000 of 40,000 Afghan refugees brought to Canada. Those that didn’t make it included a high profile female MP who was killed by the Taliban while Canada faffed around doing a crappy job saving people who risked their lives supporting Canada during its time in AFG.

If Fraser’s the best the LPC has for 2025, they truly deserve losing official party status…

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ;)

Napoleon Bonaparte

Don Martin is a Liberal hack. always has been, always will. He was run out of the NP by the readers.
Vassy Kapelos was a breath of fresh air at CBC Power & Politics after LPC soft-pitching Don Newman left…until she was CBC’d and went off to CTV’s Power Play.

Hit 'em right in the social ;)

Poilievre video blaming Trudeau for Canada’s housing crisis takes off online​

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has released a 15-minute video blaming the prime minister and his policies for Canada’s housing crisis. The video has garnered more than a million views since its weekend release, as a new poll suggests the Conservatives are now leading the Liberals by almost 20 points.

Hit 'em right in the social ;)

Poilievre video blaming Trudeau for Canada’s housing crisis takes off online​

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has released a 15-minute video blaming the prime minister and his policies for Canada’s housing crisis. The video has garnered more than a million views since its weekend release, as a new poll suggests the Conservatives are now leading the Liberals by almost 20 points.

I haven't watched it but I've seen it all over FB.

Trudeau making himself more popular

Currently it is 2023 (December).
6 years

Trudeau's government has taken 8 years so far, and Ottawa generally 26 years (since Chretien signed on to the project) to put the F35 in the air and still no aircraft. - 30 years

The Joint Support Ship project started in 2004 - 19 years
The CSC project started in 2008 - 15 years so far and the plan calls for another 15 before there is a useful body of hulls in the water - 30 years

Phoenix Pay System was initiated in 2009 and still not fixed - 15 years

And Guilbeault imagines that the Oil and Gas industry can retool in 6 years.

If the Oil and Gas engineers and execs are that good maybe he should consider bringing them to Ottawa.

But that would require paying relocation expenses.

Trudeau making himself more popular

6 years

Trudeau's government has taken 8 years so far, and Ottawa generally 26 years (since Chretien signed on to the project) to put the F35 in the air and still no aircraft. - 30 years

The CSC project started in 2008 - 15 years so far and the plan calls for another 15 before there is a useful body of hulls in the water - 30 years

If the Oil and Gas engineers and execs are that good maybe he should consider bringing them to Ottawa.

Guilbeault and his master will be gone well before then. I would love to see him put on trial for cozying up to China. One can dream

Guilbeault is a whiny convicted ecoterrorist and climate zealot. He likes making a splash and making decisions based on emotion, not science or economics. I doubt many take him seriously. I also doubt, he'll even be around in government, come 2030.

6 years

Neither the F35, JSS or CSC or fixing Phoenix is a government priority. And the public doesn't give a shit about Phoenix because it doesn't affect them. Killing the fossil fuel industry is a top priority of the Trudeau LPC.

The best way to do that is with crushing taxation and regulation that drive O&G producers out of business and out of Canada. Six years is quite doable for this government.

Neither the F35, JSS or CSC or fixing Phoenix is a government priority. And the public doesn't give a shit about Phoenix because it doesn't affect them. Killing the fossil fuel industry is a top priority of the Trudeau LPC.

The best way to do that is with crushing taxation and regulation that drive O&G producers out of business and out of Canada. Six years is quite doable for this government.
An energy-poor country will be an impoverished country. An impoverished country can't support public health insurance, dental insurance, daycare subsidies, child subsidies, etc. That should factor into the opinions of people who support Trudeau (and Singh), but it seems to have little to no weight.

An energy-poor country will be an impoverished country. An impoverished country can't support public health insurance, dental insurance, daycare subsidies, child subsidies, etc. That should factor into the opinions of people who support Trudeau (and Singh), but it seems to have little to no weight.

You are asking a lot of people that can't make this connection Brad.

1701982857938.png1701982929205.png

for a person to arrive at that conclusion they must be capable of independent thought: a skill we neglected to pass on to those younger than ourselves

The Trudeau GoC bought and built pipelines.

Unlike Jean Chretien they talk out of both sides of their mouth; like Jean Chretien, their only firm policy objective is to remain in power.

That's exactly where trudeau wants to take us. Remember, his job is to turn us into the first post national state. His words, that nobody listened to and still can't wrap their heads around. All his other posturing about taking care of citizens is absolute and utter bullshit. Until we get rid of him, Canada will continue to become a dumpster fire. Civil disobedience, maybe armed, will be our final gasp.

The Trudeau GoC bought and built pipelines.

Unlike Jean Chretien they talk out of both sides of their mouth; like Jean Chretien, their only firm policy objective is to remain in power.
Jean Chretien talked out of both sides of his mouth, it was just less noticeable.

This is why we need a LPC majority in 2025. Put a fork into Canada already.
That`s JT`s plan. He`s said repeatedly that there will not be a general election until October 2025. He wants to set the stage, along with Singh, to spank PP nd the CPC into oblivion. Nobody will want to lead the CPC after that.

I don`t think the PP led CPC can maintain their strong polling momentum for another 22 months. They will get comfortable and complacent that will lead to missteps. PP will have a very hard time maintaining unity of effort and party discipline for that long.

Back