• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

That`s JT`s plan. He`s said repeatedly that there will not be a general election until October 2025. He wants to set the stage, along with Singh, to spank PP nd the CPC into oblivion. Nobody will want to lead the CPC after that.

I don`t think the PP led CPC can maintain their strong polling momentum for another 22 months. They will get comfortable and complacent that will lead to missteps. PP will have a very hard time maintaining unity of effort and party discipline for that long.
He may not have any say in the matter. Some scandal or committee is bound to create enough of a stir to prorogue parliament and call an election to end the committee(s). His caucus might see their election and pension chances going up in smoke and revolt. Any number of reasons. The HoC is a fickle place at the best of times. Although he has to commit to 2025 or risk becoming a lamer duck than he already is, til an election call. The Laurentien Elites have been strangely quiet. He has transformed their party into something they don't recognise. And all the anti China rhetoric is risking their profits. Just spit balling, but I seriously don't believe we'll have to wait til Oct 25. Maybe if Singh somehow manages to gain a few points over Trudeau, he might decide to pull the plug and shoot for the official opposition.

I wouldn't worry much about PP. He has an orderly, faithful caucus who believe in him. His messages are clear. He has a strong, topical platform and is stealing trudeau's base.

Argentina North....

The problem originates with the habit of its government being funded by money created by the central bank. Once the peso is replaced by the dollar then Argentina will not be able to create money out of nothing.

Financially, it will be part of the dollar zone and monetary policy will have been outsourced to the US Federal Reserve.

Let us be clear: this is not an ideal solution. After all, there can be definite advantages to having your own currency. Indeed, these were at the heart of the argument over the UK joining the euro.

With your own currency, you can set interest rates appropriate to your national circumstances, allow the currency to move up or down on the foreign exchanges when trading circumstances change and, in acute financial difficulties, the government can be provided with funds by the central bank – thereby obviating the need for it to default on its debts.

Over and above this, countries issuing their own currency can effectively fund some of their financial needs without paying interest since bank notes are interest-free.

But to gain from these advantages, governments must exercise self-discipline. This is precisely what Argentine governments have been appallingly bad at doing.

They have had a perennial tendency to spend money way in excess of their ability or willingness to raise revenues through taxation. They have plugged the gap with a combination of borrowing and money creation.

The borrowing has caused the debt ratio to soar, thereby discouraging anyone from lending any more to it, leading to periodic defaults. The money creation has caused inflation to take off. Hence Mr Milei’s idea of abolishing the peso and the central bank which issues it.

Pppofffttttt...apples vs basketballs Kirk...

We too spend money like we're expecting some 'great reset' to roll in and wipe out national debt, BUT unlike Argentina, we've increased our revenue to support such spending my taxing the living shit out of the citizenry!

So you see, we're fine. Everything is fine...

Pppofffttttt...apples vs basketballs Kirk...

We too spend money like we're expecting some 'great reset' to roll in and wipe out national debt, BUT unlike Argentina, we've increased our revenue to support such spending my taxing the living shit out of the citizenry!

So you see, we're fine. Everything is fine...
👍🏼

1702323033963.gif

That`s JT`s plan. He`s said repeatedly that there will not be a general election until October 2025. He wants to set the stage, along with Singh, to spank PP nd the CPC into oblivion. Nobody will want to lead the CPC after that.

I don`t think the PP led CPC can maintain their strong polling momentum for another 22 months. They will get comfortable and complacent that will lead to missteps. PP will have a very hard time maintaining unity of effort and party discipline for that long.
Respectfully disagree.

Trudeau is so disliked across the country, and a big reason for that are because his policies seem quite intent on hurting the average Canadian & indirectly limiting their options or potential (i.e. quadrupling a carbon tax he didn't campaign on & everybody wants abolished)0

All PP has to do is be a steady and reasonable voice that opposes that, advocates for the average person, and advocates for the things I think most of us know to be good sense in government (i.e. smaller government with less bloat & less red tape)

Trudeau is too far gone. He can't come back from the damage he's caused. Canadians have finally realized and recognized the measure of the man. Finally realizing what he meant when he said he was going to make Canada the world's first post national state. He's too damaged. He barely squeaked out a minority government last time.

Trudeau is too far gone. He can't come back from the damage he's caused. Canadians have finally realized and recognized the measure of the man. Finally realizing what he meant when he said he was going to make Canada the world's first post national state. He's too damaged. He barely squeaked out a minority government last time.
He's too damaged, and he's too damaging. His domestic policies are directly designed to hurt the average Canadian, cause chaos & disruption to the average Canadian family, bankrupt the country in the short & long term, etc

How he won the last election is beyond me.
My dirty left sock could have got more votes than him (and I'm actually not entirely joking...)

is it possible for a political party to lose an election so badly that they cease to exist? (Question for one of you politically knowledgeable folks)

Because if an election were to be called right now, and all voting to take place in the next 24hrs...I don't know how many seats the LPC would win.

Even if someone is happy with their local MP & that person happens to be an LPC MP - I think the very icon of the LPC and its association with Trudeau would make most people check another box. Any other box.

is it possible for a political party to lose an election so badly that they cease to exist? (Question for one of you politically knowledgeable folks)
BC Social Credit is one example. United Farmers of Alberta and the Progressive Party are others. I’m sure there are more. The Socreds may technically “exist” in that they have an address in someone’s basement, but they have been effectively dead since the late 90’s.

It can happen but there are many variables at play, one being another party for the supporters of the old party. I don’t see a lot of those recently former Liberal supporters permanently going to the Tories or NDP unless the either of those two parties become more moderate and corporate. The ones pissed at Trudeau now are the squishy-middle to centre-right corporate-friendly types. They’re willing to put the Liberals in the penalty box but I’d be surprised if they stayed away after that, unless one of the parties changes drastically.

He's too damaged, and he's too damaging. His domestic policies are directly designed to hurt the average Canadian, cause chaos & disruption to the average Canadian family, bankrupt the country in the short & long term, etc

How he won the last election is beyond me.
My dirty left sock could have got more votes than him (and I'm actually not entirely joking...)

Because if an election were to be called right now, and all voting to take place in the next 24hrs...I don't know how many seats the LPC would win.

Even if someone is happy with their local MP & that person happens to be an LPC MP - I think the very icon of the LPC and its association with Trudeau would make most people check another box. Any other box.
He promised to make us the first post national state. A postnational state is a change from national interests to global ones. Social and political power is transferred from the nation to international entities like multinational corporations, a central world bank based on digital means rather than monetary and the United Nations, to name a few. Immigration is based on simple equality rules, where anyone can go anywhere no matter education, needs of the gaining country, merit or otherwise. People have a right to go wherever they want without delay, screening or questioning. What we see at the southern border of the US or here at Roxham Road. Individual nations lose their power to self determination, like the European Union, where decisions affecting individual countries are determined by the Little Men of Brussels. This isn't even a basic primer of post nationalism, there is so much more. Your government simply becomes a proxy of global interests. A Sheriff of Nottinghaam to the King. You will own nothing and you will be happy. It expects the plebes to form a worldwide community to overthrow capitalism. This is what Trudeau promised us.

He lied through his teeth. People should be cognizant by now that whatever he says, you can expect to opposite. The classic narcissistic move of blaming the opposition for the problems he created and the shambles that resulted from his decisions is classic misdirection. Look up psychopathic narcissist and see how many markers he hits.

One can certainly hope. A total wiping out of the party would send a message to Schwab, Soros and the UN. And the Laurentien Elites, who are in fact globalists.

One would think, but if one looks at the amount of brainwashed marxist trolls that infiltrate conservative websites, you might change your mind. They are so enamoured with Trudeau and his party’s lies that they will need to become unemployed and homeless before they realize he has zero interest in them, their situation or their future.

In 1993, the governing PC party lost to the liberals and went form 156 seat (having already lost 14 seats since the last election) down to just 2 seats. They managed to crawl back up to 20 seats in 1997, before dropping again down to 12 in 2000. They then merged with the Canadian Alliance to form the modern CPC. So, did that election kill the "PC" party; you could argue it did. Did that election kill the "political party that represents mainstream conservatives in Canada"? No.

He promised to make us the first post national state. A postnational state is a change from national interests to global ones. Social and political power is transferred from the nation to international entities like multinational corporations, a central world bank based on digital means rather than monetary and the United Nations, to name a few. Immigration is based on simple equality rules, where anyone can go anywhere no matter education, needs of the gaining country, merit or otherwise. People have a right to go wherever they want without delay, screening or questioning. What we see at the southern border of the US or here at Roxham Road. Individual nations lose their power to self determination, like the European Union, where decisions affecting individual countries are determined by the Little Men of Brussels. This isn't even a basic primer of post nationalism, there is so much more. Your government simply becomes a proxy of global interests. A Sheriff of Nottinghaam to the King. You will own nothing and you will be happy. It expects the plebes to form a worldwide community to overthrow capitalism. This is what Trudeau promised us.

He lied through his teeth. People should be cognizant by now that whatever he says, you can expect to opposite. The classic narcissistic move of blaming the opposition for the problems he created and the shambles that resulted from his decisions is classic misdirection. Look up psychopathic narcissist and see how many markers he hits.

One can certainly hope. A total wiping out of the party would send a message to Schwab, Soros and the UN. And the Laurentien Elites, who are in fact globalists.

One would think, but if one looks at the amount of brainwashed marxist trolls that infiltrate conservative websites, you might change your mind. They are so enamoured with Trudeau and his party’s lies that they will need to become unemployed and homeless before they realize he has zero interest in them, their situation or their future.
"They made it a post-city state. A post-city state is a change from kingdom or municipal interests to national ones. Social and political power is transferred from the city to national entities like crown corporations, a central national bank based on a single currency and monetary policy and an office of censor to name a few. Immigration is based on simple equality rules, where anyone can go anywhere no matter education, needs of the gaining province/municipality, merit or otherwise. People have a right to go wherever they want without delay, screening or questioning. Individual cities/kingdoms lose their power to self determination, where decisions affecting individual cities are determined by the provincial or national "senates". This isn't even a basic primer of post city stateism, there is so much more. Your local government simply becomes a proxy of provincial and national interests. A Praetor of Ravenna to the King. You will own nothing and you will be happy. It expects the plebes to form a nationwide community to overthrow mercantilism. This is what Brutus promised us."
- A consul of Rome, describe Canada to someone from the Roman Kingdom

P.S. LOVING the what you've done with the colours.

P.S. LOVING the what you've done with the colours.

Just FWIW, the purple on green is super hard to read. All good with the rest of them.

New polls tonight show Liberals making very strong recovery in Ontario and Atlantic, so much that a CPC majority is off the table. This is the swing of religious minority votes especially in London, Hamilton, York, Oshawa and a concentration of attacks on Pollievre.

New polls tonight show Liberals making very strong recovery in Ontario and Atlantic, so much that a CPC majority is off the table. This is the swing of religious minority votes especially in London, Hamilton, York, Oshawa and a concentration of attacks on Pollievre.
Maybe we can go post-national even before October 2025?

There are signs yes, but hardly a real recovery. Need a few more weeks to see how that plays out. CPC a may have plateaued (meaning they are as high as they can go, but they still have a commanding lead) and a few gaffes may be affecting things. Not sure it is enough to move the needle to anything significant.

Back