• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Ending the year is what looks like a downward trend for the CPC over the last few weeks (and yes starting from their bad week that was dismissed by some). The LPC seems to have benefited from a return of support from some that may have seen the CPC as an alternative.

Canadians really like shooting themselves in the foot and then blame the government.

I am hoping beyond hope that Trudeau wins again. For the good of the country.

If Canadians think affordability is bad now…just wait until Trudeau opens the immigrant flood gates without adequate housing. Ironically, it’s the cities and maritimes which suffer from affordability the most and keep voting for team red or the orange communists. Where is that bike riding stick in spokes meme…

I don’t think for a minute that this is all doom and gloom for the CPC. They have a very big war chest, some slick social media messaging and time. But they may have peaked too early, and the fight may be harder than they think when that time comes. They are still up with a solid 10 point lead, which is not to be underestimated and is a good cushion.

I expect though a lot of ups and downs in the coming year.

If trudeau is going to win he needs to convince Canadians. That may be a bridge too far. Most Canadians turn him off, turn down the volume, switch channels and anything else they can do so they don't have to listen to his condescending utter bullshit and soap opera voice. Both him and freeloader have diction similar to fingernails on a blackboard.

The sin that plagues the Liberals is arrogance. The sin that plagues the Tories is resentment. Mostly because the Liberals have won 2 out of 3 elections since 1891.

Excellent post.

A failed husband and part-time drama teacher, along with a journalist is exactly who canadians deserve to run the country.

You can hit JT on a lot of things, a failed marriage is a low blow IMHO. Leave that out of it.

But the truth of the matter is that there is only a very small portion of the population who actually gets to vote for any of the party leaders. Everyone else is voting for a party, or the MP who represents a party locally. Wholesale routing in an election is predominantly a provincial thing in modern times, and I would expect that going forward in the future we will continue to see more minority governments propped up by whichever 3rd or 4th place finisher can provide enough support for 4/5 more years of power. It will not surprise me to see that the NDP will be the party who actually holds all the political power in the foreseeable future, as they become the party that props up the Cons and Libs.

But the truth of the matter is that there is only a very small portion of the population who actually gets to vote for any of the party leaders. Everyone else is voting for a party, or the MP who represents a party locally. Wholesale routing in an election is predominantly a provincial thing in modern times, and I would expect that going forward in the future we will continue to see more minority governments propped up by whichever 3rd or 4th place finisher can provide enough support for 4/5 more years of power. It will not surprise me to see that the NDP will be the party who actually holds all the political power in the foreseeable future, as they become the party that props up the Cons and Libs.
Unfortunately there are not enough pragmatic Dippers out there who would consider working with the Tories. I’m sure there are many things they could agree on which they would never get out of the Liberals in a million years, but so many Dippers hate the Tories with the fiery passion of a billion suns over ideology and caricaturistic assumptions that they are blinded to that possibility.

Agreed.

I find it hilarious that military members (not exactly the best demographic for percentage of divorces) are throwing stones at others about being divorced.
Literally firms that specialize in CAF and RCMP divorces because they can get messy quickly, which I guess is the flipside to the ones that have deals for the admin side of things for CAF real estate, wills etc.

Back