• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

I honestly don’t understand the irrational hatred for Freeland. I find her annoying and I don’t like her much, but she just seems like a typical centre-left liberal cosmopolitan journalist, not the evil incarnate monster brewed in the lab of George Soros/Karl Schwab/Bill Gates/the Freemasons/the Jooz all the conspiracy theorists say she is.

One thing I will respect her for is her anti-Soviet activism as a student in Soviet Ukraine. That would have taken guts.

She would be a huge improvement over Trudeau since I think she has the intellectual chops for the job, and she’s the force behind appeasers like Dion and McCallum being shown the door. And anyone who is banned from Russia has my respect. But I still wouldn’t vote for her.

Yeah, Harvard is doing great aren't they.
Education does not equate to intelligence.
I've the people I've met in my life who are actual idiots (meaning actual idiots, not just people who's opinion I don't like) the majority don't have post-secondary education (college or university). Being educated might not make you intelligent, but it sure is an indicator of it being intelligent.

As for your quip about Harvard, there may be BS DEI quotas for Ivy league schools right now, but you still need a amazing grades to get in; they aren't just giving spots at Harvard to anyone because they are an identified class, they have to be an identified class AND be super ridiculously intelligent and hard working with a million extra curriculars and more volunteer hours than I ever had free time for at that age.

I honestly don’t understand the irrational hatred for Freeland. I find her annoying and I don’t like her much, but she just seems like a typical centre-left liberal cosmopolitan journalist, not the evil incarnate monster brewed in the lab of George Soros/Karl Schwab/Bill Gates/the Freemasons/the Jooz all the conspiracy theorists say she is.

One thing I will respect her for is her anti-Soviet activism as a student in Soviet Ukraine. That would have taken guts.

She would be a huge improvement over Trudeau since I think she has the intellectual chops for the job, and she’s the force behind appeasers like Dion and McCallum being shown the door. And anyone who is banned from Russia has my respect. But I still wouldn’t vote for her.
I appreciate your reasonableness.

It’s simple. There is a real fear Trudeau won’t run. Any heir apparent, especially competent ones absolutely scares the crap out of haters. So they are attempting to shape and define. I guarantee if she were to make a run she’ll be associated with JT on everything.

To be fair, despite her competence and actually having the intellectual capacity, she will be tarnished by her association with JT.

I like her but she wouldn’t be enough of the change Canadians would go for. I could be wrong on that though.

It’s simple. There is a real fear Trudeau won’t run. Any heir apparent, especially competent ones absolutely scares the crap out of haters. So they are attempting to shape and define. I guarantee if she were to make a run she’ll be associated with JT on everything.

To be fair, despite her competence and actually having the intellectual capacity, she will be tarnished by her association with JT.

I like her but she wouldn’t be enough of the change Canadians would go for. I could be wrong on that though.

We agree on this.

The LPC needs to be sent away for a while to recalibrate. If they can.

We agree on this.

The LPC needs to be sent away for a while to recalibrate. If they can.

Any snow around the Ottawa region these days? ;)

Trudeau’s third walk in the snow​

Near the end of his fourth term in office, Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau went for his famous walk in the snow on Feb. 28, 1984 and announced the next day he would not run again.

JT did an interview with Rosemary Barton and stated he will not step down.

Freeland is a good administrator and is great at the high level one on one stuff. But as a retail politician? That is where she falls down.
Justin Trudeau? He is the opposite of Freeland, a terrible manager, a goof on the diplomatic front, but a fantastic retail politician who connects with the people he needs to win an election.

Well yeah, of course he would.

Imagine he even hinted that he would step down. The LPC would be embroiled in internal politics to replace him (and not even in an election cycle yet) so there would be no “united front” to continue governing.

That would be the best present to the CPC - they would just chip away at whoever the main contenders are, and said contenders have to respond or they lose credibility in their run.

If he was going to step down, it would be just before the 2025 cycle.

Freeland is a good administrator and is great at the high level one on one stuff. But as a retail politician? That is where she falls down.
Justin Trudeau? He is the opposite of Freeland, a terrible manager, a goof on the diplomatic front, but a fantastic retail politician who connects with the people he needs to win an election.

Agreed. But I think JT is losing, if not already lost, his ability to connect to Joe and Jane Double Double Canadian. And I think that's also a whole of LPC problem as well.

Well yeah, of course he would.

Imagine he even hinted that he would step down. The LPC would be embroiled in internal politics to replace him (and not even in an election cycle yet) so there would be no “united front” to continue governing.

That would be the best present to the CPC - they would just chip away at whoever the main contenders are, and said contenders have to respond or they lose credibility in their run.

If he was going to step down, it would be just before the 2025 cycle.
If he does that he hands a poisoned chalice to his successor, ala Brian Mulroney. Either way its going to be tough to be a liberal partisan for the next little while.

Everything I have heard is Trudeau really wants to destroy Poilievre and he sincerely believes that he is the only one who can do that.

Everything I have heard is Trudeau really wants to destroy Poilievre and he sincerely believes that he is the only one who can do that.
I've heard the same, from several sources. He believes that he can crush PP and the CPC.

I've the people I've met in my life who are actual idiots (meaning actual idiots, not just people who's opinion I don't like) the majority don't have post-secondary education (college or university). Being educated might not make you intelligent, but it sure is an indicator of it being intelligent.

Some just don't want to be indoctrinated by post-secondary institutions or want to pursue trades. Seeing what's happening with our colleges and universities in Canada and their shift to woke left policies and thinking, I would avoid them at all costs. You can be educated and intelligent, but still be an idiot. Case in point, our elected government.

You can be educated and intelligent, but still be an idiot. Case in point, our elected government.
If you're an idiot that generally means you aren't all that intelligent. There are some very educated idiots out there that have the intelligence of my coffee cup.

If you're an idiot that generally means you aren't all that intelligent. There are some very educated idiots out there that have the intelligence of my coffee cup.

Listening to Freeland speak reminds me of the later.

Leader of Hamas giving a big shout out to Canada and Justin Trudeau for our support.

EMBARRASSING: Hamas thanks Liberal gov't for ceasefire support

“We welcome these developments and consider them in the right direction towards isolation of the fascist Israeli government globally and ending the long evil occupation in our modern time,” senior Hamas leader Ghazi Hamad said in a video posted to social media site X.

Like Biden he needs to say that or risk becoming a lame duck. If he says he's not running, his ministers and MP will be jockying for position and no one will care about his decisions. He'd likely quit going to question period at all.

Back