• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

So replace the material, and move on to something important.

But, this is “what we do”. The CAF. Buttons bows and convene.

Maybe we should save money by getting rid of dress uniforms for operational kit.
OR, get rid of the buttons and bows guys?

"Normal" standards as defined by society as a whole, not some daily changing pandering to what ever ***** of the day!

But society has vastly different standards of dress than we did in the past. By taking you track you would exactly be "pandering to what ever ***** of the day!".

We are the most rebellious service. Lol
Aircrew enter the chat

"Normal" standards as defined by society as a whole, not some daily changing pandering to what ever ***** of the day!
Society's standards change every few years.

You can tell whether a suit jacket, for instance, is from the 80s, vice the 90s, vice the early 00s, vice the late 00s based on cut alone.

Folks are wearing things in the office that would be completely out of place in, say, the late 80s. And if someone pulled out a late-80s suit now, they'd be laughed out of the office.

But I mean, I'd love to be able to wear Lululemon gear as my go-to stuff. Canadian company too!

True conversation: So, your "ship command" of a ship awaiting decommissioning and scrapping is more important (career wise) than a peer who commanded an actual unit ashore?

The fact we need to prototype a ball is the problem.

It's a GD ball cap, the RCN has been using one for decades. Buy the same one, change the color if that's a big deal, and stitch on the unit identifiers.

Jesus H Christ. The things we can complicate.
When it comes to spending Public Money, the bean counters are terrified of any possible whiff of misappropriation. I have seen simple IT Procurements under 50K die on the vine because the vendor didn't want to wait for us to get throught the many layers of bureaucracy. They have products to sell and time is money.

I honestly think most of the tax paying Canadians would rather see their money spent in a timely manner; with maximum use for money, than have that money sitting committed but unspent on a ledger because "well we need to consider Green/Indigenous/GBA+/Buy Canadian/Struggling industry in Ste Poutain de Caliss, QC in this bid before proceeding..."

True conversation: So, your "ship command" of a ship awaiting decommissioning and scrapping is more important (career wise) than a peer who commanded an actual unit ashore?
Shouldn’t be. And IIRC, when the Protecteur was tied up for good she was “commanded”by a Supply Officer.

When it comes to spending Public Money, the bean counters are terrified of any possible whiff of misappropriation. I have seen simple IT Procurements under 50K die on the vine because the vendor didn't want to wait for us to get throught the many layers of bureaucracy. They have products to sell and time is money.

I honestly think most of the tax paying Canadians would rather see their money spent in a timely manner; with maximum use for money, than have that money sitting committed but unspent on a ledger because "well we need to consider Green/Indigenous/GBA+/Buy Canadian/Struggling industry in Ste Poutain de Caliss, QC in this bid before proceeding..."

You realize of course that with me you're preaching to the choir. I have two current hair pullers. One is Lumber for an Ex and the other is officer furniture. I'm not sure what is more difficult, the procurement process or Base Supply trying skillfully to dodge any semblance of service and productivity.

Should be an NMSO for furniture; and check with CE for the support base closest to where the lumber is needed and see if they have any local standing offers you can leverage.

When in doubt, go around base supply...

Back