• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Given the GOP’s previous obsession with age that nickname seems appropriate.

I seem to recall the cries for application of the 25th amendment to remove Trump in the first term... which was illegitimate. Why hasn't that been used now? It would actually be legitimate now.

Age is a factor, the fact that Biden was basically drooling into his soup and the Dem's were pretending it was a magical soup bowel that refilled itself was the issue. He was clearly unfit for some time, so I expect that will be part of the GOP response that all the Dems have done is change the puppet sock on the hand. It will mean that Trump will have to work harder and KH will attract back some of the younger vote that Biden was shedding. I think it will be a hard fight for both of them as they both have large baggage trains.

I seem to recall the cries for application of the 25th amendment to remove Trump in the first term... which was illegitimate. Why hasn't that been used now? It would actually be legitimate now.
Yes. And the cries came from the GOP at that time as well. Seems like “ol’45s” cabinet was considering it.

That's right. The corrupt establishment on both sides, but mostly the Dems. Notice how none of them have made the move to invoke the 25th now with Biden drooling in his soup?

That's right. The corrupt establishment on both sides, but mostly the Dems. Notice how none of them have made the move to invoke the 25th now with Biden drooling in his soup?
The GOP is in fact calling for it. they seem blindsided a bit so have to go back to some of their old playbook tactics.

Harris as president will be a bigger clown show than Biden was the last couple of years. She's probably even further left than Trudeau or Jags.
And why do you say that? I'd like to see some facts and not just your opinion.

The only one who can invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment is the Vice President (along with a majority of the principal members of the cabinet). If the VP doesn't go along, it's a non-starter. Determining and declaring that a president "is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" is a huge threshold. Usually it's the president who makes the declaration; Harris has already been "Acting President" - the first time back in 2021 when Joe was under anesthesia for a colonoscopy.

Schumer and Jeffries have endorsed Harris during a joint press conference.

As I suggested in a previous post, endorsements from Democratic Party leaders will be staggered to increase the media exposure. Who's left of the really big guys? Obama? I wouldn't be surprised is that happens in person with Harris at a campaign event (or if they really wanted to stretch it out, have him give the nominating speech at the convention).

Was Biden dropping out a surprise? I suppose so to many.

Were the Republicans blindsided and left scrambling? I highly doubt it. There was likely a file where they already gamed this and had a good idea how to approach it. They've already shifted gears and Biden is in the past, as a contender.

Were the Republicans blindsided and left scrambling? I highly doubt it. There was likely a file where they already gamed this and had a good idea how to approach it. They've already shifted gears and Biden is in the past, as a contender.

Up until the debate everyone was told over and over again he was of sound mind. Then boom. Not enough cocktail could hide that show.

My opinion is somewhat opposite to that.

I think the GOP were positioned to make this an absolute massacre. They even slow walked their attacks on Biden as it was becoming apparent that calls to have him step down were growing louder. And they didn’t want him to do that.

I think they were in a position to think that it was too late in the game for the Dems to pivot this fast.

They have shifted gears. It’s DEI attacks on her, birther garbage and such. Because they’ve used that sort of stuff before and didn’t have anything on hand. They will I’m sure craft a new strategy but right now it’s a lot of lashing out.

No one is talking about the assassination and no one is talking about their recent conference where they came out with wind in the sails and now having it all stolen by Harris and her record breaking fund raising.

But things will balance out and I suspect this will be a very close race.

My opinion is somewhat opposite to that.

I think the GOP were positioned to make this an absolute massacre. They even slow walked their attacks on Biden as it was becoming apparent that calls to have him step down were growing louder. And they didn’t want him to do that.

I think they were in a position to think that it was too late in the game for the Dems to pivot this fast.

They have shifted gears. It’s DEI attacks on her, birther garbage and such. Because they’ve used that sort of stuff before and didn’t have anything on hand. They will I’m sure craft a new strategy but right now it’s a lot of lashing out.

No one is talking about the assassination and no one is talking about their recent conference where they came out with wind in the sails and now having it all stolen by Harris and her record breaking fund raising.

But things will balance out and I suspect this will be a very close race.
I actually never thought about it that way. Perhaps Biden was ready to drop out much sooner, but they planned to announce it after the RNC in order to take the wind out of the GOP sails.

I actually never thought about it that way. Perhaps Biden was ready to drop out much sooner, but they planned to announce it after the RNC in order to take the wind out of the GOP sails.
If that was the case, that would have been a massive play and outflanking manoeuvre.

As a Canadian, if I could vote in the US, I'd choose Trump over Harris mainly for the higher likelihood Trump would force Canada to increased defence spending/capability. Harris will just be Obama v3.

As a Canadian, if I could vote in the US, I'd choose Trump over Harris mainly for the higher likelihood Trump would force Canada to increased defence spending/capability. Harris will just be Obama v3.
As a Canadian, if I could vote I would not vote for Trump because of the implications for Ukraine and the wider issue that causes. If the US pulls its support, there won’t be any incentive to commit as far as Canada is concerned, giving Canada yet another excuse to not spend on defence.

Committing in Ukraine and shaming us seems to be working but time will tell.

Back