• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Wasn't that in regards to Biden?
Sure was. Demonstrates he had the courage to operate from a position of disadvantage. I don't think any candidate should want to do that at all, and certainly not more than once.

We see the Biden Basement Strategy being put into action now.

"This is a person who has been a presumptive Democrat nominee for 16 days. She hasn’t taken a single real question from a reporter," he said. "The American people deserve to get to know the people who want to lead them, and I think it’s shameful for Kamala Harris, but increasingly for the media, that she is taking a basement strategy of running from reporters instead of getting in front of them and answering tough questions about her record and letting the American people know who she is."

We see the Biden Basement Strategy being put into action now.

"This is a person who has been a presumptive Democrat nominee for 16 days. She hasn’t taken a single real question from a reporter," he said. "The American people deserve to get to know the people who want to lead them, and I think it’s shameful for Kamala Harris, but increasingly for the media, that she is taking a basement strategy of running from reporters instead of getting in front of them and answering tough questions about her record and letting the American people know who she is."
So she’s good enough to have to answer the media’s questions about being America’s next president, but not good enough for Trump to commit to debating her?

I don't think there is a commitment on either side yet. Either way, Trump already debated with the conditions all in Biden's favor. He stepped up already. Would Harris commit to a debate with conditions all in Trump's favor?

But more to your point, Trump is still doing interviews and is in the media while Harris is hiding.

Wasn't that in regards to Biden?
One version I've heard on MSM is that the agreement was against "the Democratic candidate", so if that's the case, and he/his team agreed to it, the evidence for waffling increases.
So she’s good enough to have to answer the media’s questions about being America’s next president, but not good enough for Trump to commit to debating her?
As a former prosecutor, I suspect she'd be OK dealing with hits coming from left field.
And FOX News chooses to run this 15 days (more than two weeks) after this ....
ALL media use a different grain of salt when coming up with story angles. Fair ball to see how many more she does. Meanwhile, anyone know how many interviews POTUS45 has done in the same two weeks? That would give us a fair comparison.

I expect Harris will eventually agree to an interview after they reach an agreement with a partisan agency (MSNBC, ABC, etc) and they agree to what the questions will be ahead of time. Like Biden's interviews, they will likely be off topic softballs.

At the NABJ for one. I suppose it's only a matter of time before Harris eagerly faces an equally unfavourable venue.
Given how that went for him, I doubt he’ll do it again. I’m surprised he (or his handlers) thought it was a good idea the first time.

Given how that went for him, I doubt he’ll do it again. I’m surprised he (or his handlers) thought it was a good idea the first time.
Politically it makes sense for him to do it. He's stuck his foot in his mouth so many times that people are almost desensitized to it. One more episode hardly makes a difference. But it allows his campaign to draw a strong contrast between his willingness to take questions from almost anyone, and the tendency of Democrats (initially Biden, now Harris) to shy away from impromptu remarks and questions. Downside low, upside high.

My guess is there is no chance at all Harris does any kind of interview that isn't closely scripted. She will lay low, making the some tightly controlled public appearances and the compliant media and big money will do the campaigning for her. The goal is to memory hole her past record and portray a young vibrant democrat that is anything but old nasty Trump.

Trump's strategy should be to focus on her record and the DNC policies vs what he has done and will do. He should avoid entirely any talk of race, DEI, and insulting Harris. Avoiding insults will be very difficult for him :ROFLMAO:.

One version I've heard on MSM is that the agreement was against "the Democratic candidate", so if that's the case, and he/his team agreed to it, the evidence for waffling increases.
Hmmm. Did a little search and everything I can find points to the comment of anytime. anywhere, any place was in regard to Biden. Even MSNBC has stated - Trump had previously challenged Biden to debate “anytime, anywhere, any place,”

The debate agreement is a bit confusing. Trump stated at the time that he agreed to debate Biden, the network released that there was an agreement for the candidates to hold a debate with no names mentioned and now Harris/supporters are pushing that means anyone they decide to run while Trump/supporters push that it is only for Biden and anyone else (Harris) has to make their own deal. Harris wants to stand on the Biden agreement date/network and Trump has presented a date with Fox as the option he will agree to.

Looking at how Trump comes across I tend to lean towards that when he made the debate agreement it was for a debate with Biden only in his mind. He is a businessman used to contracts and as such would view it as "I sign a contract with XX, YY does not step in and get paid by me"

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have them debate on an assigned date with impartial networks and moderators along with no pre-fed questions so they have to wing it instead of scripting. I think it could be interesting to see. Harris can do good with scripted debates but Trump is a wild card that could cause the script to be useless. I sure wouldn't bet on that debate.

Rasmussen has Trump maintaining lead.

Who knows? Maybe Rasmussen will be wrong again?

Final week before 2016 Election, Clinton Leads Trump, 45% to 43%.

1723139667658.png

Final week before 2016 Election, Clinton Leads Trump, 45% to 43%.

View attachment 87117

Yup - like many say around these parts, the final ballot's the only count that counts.

Also, the trend seems to be in Harris' favour - very early after the switch, and for now, anyway (sources: The Economist, realclearpolling.com, The Hill)
EconomistTrend.jpg
RealClearTrend.jpg
TheHill.jpg

Perhaps. Point being we are getting bombed with conflicting information, constantly. Harris leads! - at same time - Trump leads too! What's accurate? And if things are being misconstrued there, where else?... By now we pretty well know where else, it's just a matter of how much one tolerates so long as their side wins. But take an honest look at Harris, level of support was in the basement for good reason, horrible record - seemingly unwinnable. Now, all of a sudden with the media and big tech running her campaign for her, we are to suddenly believe this is the one to lead the most powerful country in the West in the present times and conditions?

Maybe we can move on about this debate subject. It's on, for now.

My only comment is that I don't trust ABC to not give the questions, ahead of time, to Harris. And that part of the initial hesitancy had to do with Trump being in an active lawsuit with George Snuffleupagus.

Back