• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Veteran looking for forms for Work and University

plainer

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm currently applying to a part time job and university for the next year.  Its been about 2 years since I was in the CF, ('07-'10).

However, while looking at all the files that I got when I was discharged, there was very little supporting that I was in the armed forces. I did get an 'official' paper with signatures of the CO  and etc. that I got when I was sworn in but while applying for work, they asked for more detailed documentation. I have references from actual other CF members but, I need actual piece of paper that officially and professionally states that I was in the military. Does anybody know what form I have to fill out to request one?

Second, I have no idea how to apply for education reimbursements. I was in Royal Westminster Regiment (Reserves), and did all my training (BMQ, SQ, etc.) to become a fully trained Pte. I was in for three years, but I have no idea where to begin or how to apply.

If someone could point me in the right direction to obtain the proper forms, that would be wonderful. Sadly I am not position to call my old unit or any other CF admin places, since I am in the middle of nowhere and all I have is just bitter slow internet  :). Knowing the red tape of the CF, I like to get this ball rolling before next year.

Thank you in advance!

Did you not get a certificate of service stating your service dates, rank held and any awards? Its a pretty standard looking certificate and I even got one on CTing to the RegF as I released from the PRes the day before.

Reserve educational reimbursement is for serving members; if you've released, you're not eligible.

When your were Released from the Reserves after your three years, you should have received a Certificate of Release, which would have your dates of service on it. 

plainer said:
Second, I have no idea how to apply for education reimbursements. I was in Royal Westminster Regiment (Reserves), and did all my training (BMQ, SQ, etc.) to become a fully trained Pte. I was in for three years, but I have no idea where to begin or how to apply.

As a "SERVING" Reservist, you can go to your OR and fill out the forms for education reimbursement for courses you have successfully completed in the past year.  I know of no forms for former Reservists who wish to apply for education reimbursement.  Sorry.

[All points others have pointed out already.]

George Wallace said:
When your were Released from the Reserves after your three years, you should have received a Certificate of Release, which would have your dates of service on it. 

Unfortunately, I never got one. Perhaps I misplaced mine but after reviewing my retained files, I cannot find what you mentioned or anything related to that. Is there a way to request that file?

plainer said:
Unfortunately, I never got one. Perhaps I misplaced mine but after reviewing my retained files, I cannot find what you mentioned or anything related to that. Is there a way to request that file?

Go file an Access to Information form and send it to DND.  http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-57-eng.asp

.......and you say you are applying to university?    :-\

I'm in university, done one course so far, registering for a program that has a interview process. Thanks for the link!

Back