• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Veterans License Plates

Re: the Legion verifying service...in NS, at least.  I also had to pay (minimal) extra for one on both vehicles.

Eye In The Sky said:
When I got mine in Nova Scotia, I had to provide supporting documentation.

Retired Personnel - Canadian Forces Certificate of Service - both sides
(Or equivalent for Merchant Navy, Allies, etc.)

Serving Personnel - Canadian Forces identification card plus personal service record information
(Current MPRR)

https://novascotia.ca/sns/pdf/ans-rmv-veteran-plate.pdf

Special attention and ego... ::).  Should I tell my father who is 83 years old, that retired in '81 with 29 YOS, to dial back his ego?  What's so different between the Vet plates and the veteran's patches that serving members are allowed to wear on their riding gear, which most of them also pair up with a set of undress ribbons on their vest/jacket? 

The only 'benefit' from the NS plate in NS that I'm aware of;  you save some on provincial camping reservations ($2.35/night) , and free admission to parks when I've gone to NB parks like Carleton.  Personally, I'd like to see free admission to National Parks;  it's something I'd use and appreciate.  :2c: 

Back