• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vlogging?

2ndChoiceName

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My friend and I started vlogging a few months ago but unfortunately it didn't go very far. It occurred to me that we didn't have something of interest on our channel to make people interested in our lives to start out with. So I thought, if I get accepted into the Canadian Army Reserve, we could do vlogs, primarily focused on my career with the Forces and how it progresses. I was a little iffy about posting this question in the first place because it seems a little silly to be thinking about this before I'm even in, or posting about what could be seen as exploiting a job with the forces. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this because I think it would be helpful or interesting for people interested in the CF, and also help to show people that people in the army are regular people. I know it seems premature but please don't throw me under the bus just yet.

-2ndChoiceName

Is this premature?  Yes

If you do something like this,  you realize that your CoC would most likely find out about this.  So you better be careful how you present yourself and make it clear that it is unofficial and you aren't speaking for the CF(don't wear a uniform IMO).

Also,  DO NOT do anything related to this while on course,  it can bring unwanted attention by your course staff,  especially if you guys look like idiots.

Honestly,  starting out as a Reservist(or Reg Force) your career isn't going to be very exciting, plus there is already a lot of info out there that covers BMQ, etc

Bad idea.

On top of that "vloggers" are usually obnoxious in my opinion.
Don't forget to like my videos! don't forget to subscribe! Like me, like me!

Unless you can blow away people on PT you're not using your free time wisely if you're sitting in front of camera.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it, as long as you listen to the advice given earlier about waiting til after your BMQ/trades training to do it. Life isn't super interesting in the CF, but there are always people who will want to listen to it.

EDIT to add that the most important point made already is to make it very clear it is unofficial when you make each video.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm not even sure if I'm in, and if I am, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna do it but you've all gave me things to think about when the time to decide comes.

What I meant by that is that my recruiter has said that he will enroll me as soon as he gets my file from the CFRC but I'm not sure when that will be and whether there will be any positions in the regiment left once my file does get through.

Back