• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Cleric: Promiscuous women cause earthquakes

BEIRUT (AP) — A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

Iran is one of the world’s most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric’s unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

“Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran’s acting Friday prayer leader.

:rofl:

PMedMoe said:
“Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,”
Earthquakes are a small price to pay.  You go girls  :nod:

There should be seismic activity pretty much everywhere; high schools, malls, bars......  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Cleric: Promiscuous women cause earthquakes

BEIRUT (AP) — A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

Iran is one of the world’s most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric’s unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

“Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran’s acting Friday prayer leader.

That's it  :o...all scantily clad young ladies will present themselves to my abode where they will be properly sequestered from life and therefore cease any subsequent earthquakes here in Canada. 

...as a side note...and these people are becoming the predominant culture and population here on this little third rock from the sun ???  Makes you wonder how or why they'd procreate  ???

my  :2c:
:salute:

:rofl:

You know....maybe he's right.

He could have....you know, gone out and sampled some of these scantily clad women and the earth may just have moved, just a little bit for him.

Change is a bitch.... ;D

GAP said:
You know....maybe he's right.

He could have....you know, gone out and sampled some of these scantily clad women and the earth may just have moved, just a little bit for him.

Change is a bitch.... ;D

I dunno, I'm thinking that perhaps we should airdrop in about 10 million leaflets showing all the scenes "of very scantily clad females lying about Canadian beaches ... that also quote the annual statistical near-zero rate for earthquakes here."

Perhaps, that'll convince them that it is actually the opposite that is true!! In actuality,

The more scantily clad the womenfolk are, the less earthquakes experienced!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
I dunno, I'm thinking that perhaps we should airdrop in about 10 million leaflets showing all the scenes "of very scantily clad females lying about Canadian beaches ... that also quote the annual statistical near-zero rate for earthquakes here."

Perhaps, that'll convince them that it is actually the opposite that is true!! In actuality,

The more scantily clad the womenfolk are, the less earthquakes experienced!!  >:D

Your logic is flawless. We must disseminate these findings immediately.

CEEBEE501 said:
^California^

Oh come on; everyone knows that the earthquakes in Cali are caused by the sheer volume and metric tonnage of silicone offestting the scantily dressed women there.

Geez.

ArmyVern said:
Nope; this one.  >:D

http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/2010/03/21/13304781.html

I am not posted to any drill team.

I'm wondering, with the tattoo in her neck, if she's old enough to have enter the army
before the "no visible tattos allowed" policy ?

I just reread the above link to the young lady in question.
My ??? is>>>  does the CF have a Drill Team??

And to continue the discussion on scantily clad young ladies, perhaps we could send some nice photos of Vern to the Imam in question...with or without bikini...and definatly with weapon and webgear...either one should scare the bejesus our of anybody!    >:D

And Inguiring Minds need to know...is it scientifically possible for scantily clad women to actually cause earthquakes??
....anyone......anyone....Bueller??

Yrys said:
I'm wondering, with the tattoo in her neck, if she's old enough to have enter the army
before the "no visible tattos allowed" policy ?

I doubt she's in the military.  Notice it says "on a drill team for the Canadian Forces"?

ArmyVern said:

from thestar.com The public has organized a boobquake protest in response to Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi's assertion. This protest is planned for this coming Monday, 26 April 2010. Keep your eyes out.  ;D

kratz said:
from thestar.com The public has organized a boobquake protest in response to Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi's assertion. This protest is planned for this coming Monday, 26 April 2010. Keep your eyes out.  ;D

Just don't let them fall out  ;D.

MM

medicineman said:
Just don't let them fall out  ;D.

MM

Or let your jaw get unhinged, or let your tongue drag on the ground......  ;)

Too bad I have to wear a uniform.  Couldn't get any less cleavage revealing.....    :(

Bam, boobquake caused a 6.9 in Taiwan!  ;D

Those things ARE lethal weapons.

Hello?  Captain Obvious here!  The stories even came out on the same day...  :rage:

Four in 10 Canadians retiring with debt: RBC

Original link

A new survey suggests many Canadians are entering their golden years in the red.

The survey from RBC finds that four in 10 Canadians over the age of 50 who have assets of at least $100,000 have retired with some form of debt.

As well, one-quarter have entered retirement still carrying a mortgage on their primary residence.

Fixed mortgage rates rising

Original link

Royal Bank, Canada's biggest chartered bank, is raising fixed mortgage rates by 0.15 of a percentage point, effective Tuesday.

TD Canada Trust will also raise rates by between 0.15 and 0.25 percentage points on Tuesday.

The increase is the second in April for the banks and the third in less than 30 days.

Flexible rates are not affected by the increase, a Royal spokeswoman said.

The increase leaves both banks' benchmark five-year fixed rate at 6.25 per cent, up one percentage point over a month. It went up 0.25 percentage points on April 14 and 0.6 points at the end of March.

In other news, the Bank of Canada rate remains unchanged at 0.25%, and RBC's savings account rate remains unchanged at 0.75%.  ::)

Back