• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Strike

The CAF doesn't own people a job, but throwing away an already trained person that can do another job you need done, rather than move them to where they are better suited, is wasteful. We don't have enough people to throw away people who can work.

These are the type of people I wouldn’t want cooking my meal or handling my pay, nevermind fixing airplanes. They simply can’t handle military employment.

These are the type of people I wouldn’t want cooking my meal or handling my pay, nevermind fixing airplanes. They simply can’t handle military employment.
In my experience, those types are few and far between. Based on discussions with people in the private sector, they also exist there and can be hard to get rid of, even for them.

12.6%, but over four years, rather than the 13.5 over three that they were seeking. They got 4.75 for 2022, and 3.5 for 2023. That will be useful for guiding other public sector negotiations. Anyone who already signed for one or both of those years will have some catch-up to do.

I’m very curious about the wording they got for remote work in the collective.

12.6%, but over four years, rather than the 13.5 over three that they were seeking. They got 4.75 for 2022, and 3.5 for 2023. That will be useful for guiding other public sector negotiations. Anyone who already signed for one or both of those years will have some catch-up to do.

I’m very curious about the wording they got for remote work in the collective.
yeah what we got was vague but looks along the lines that it won’t be dictated from higher and will be case by case at manager’s discretion. So similar to things like compressed work and hours etc. But the devil will be in the details.

So when does this raise difference get applied to the CAF? Asking for a friend.

No clue. But I assume it might be in line with when the deal gets made official. Still needs to be voted on then TB has to apply it within a certain time frame.

Interesting contradiction here.

I'm not the one complaining about equivalent pay compared to the civilian world. Air tech salaries suck outside the CAF, despite what the reddit basement dwellers think.

yeah what we got was vague but looks along the lines that it won’t be dictated from higher and will be case by case at manager’s discretion. So similar to things like compressed work and hours etc. But the devil will be in the details.
So basically back to what it was in November before the TBS dictat?

But if they don't change the rules requiring remote work to travel to their 'place of employment' first for any travel still makes it unworkable for a lot of jobs, especially for things like conferences/working groups at the shop. If we don't have the option to let someone work remotely without them being out of pocket for traveling (while not getting any 'credit' for travel costs saved) it really only works for fully trained people who never have to come in the office or travel.

So basically back to what it was in November before the TBS dictat?
My guess is more or less.
But if they don't change the rules requiring remote work to travel to their 'place of employment' first for any travel still makes it unworkable for a lot of jobs, especially for things like conferences/working groups at the shop. If we don't have the option to let someone work remotely without them being out of pocket for traveling (while not getting any 'credit' for travel costs saved) it really only works for fully trained people who never have to come in the office or travel.
And I think that is what is going to be involved in the language that is being looked at but who knows.

Hardly nobody gets fired anymore. At least not in the "muni". Lol Still happens on ocasion, but unless you become a public disgrace, they will tolerate almost anything. Worst they ussually do now is transfer you to another department. Like Parks. Might make a good Ferryman. A fresh start. Keep your pay rate, and raises. They're actually doing you, and public safety , a favour when operational burn out gets that severe. Cumulative Mental Stress they call it now. It's not like the old days. Back then, you would get transferred, but lose your pay rate.
Same pay in a lower-paying classification? Interesting. I've seen it for on-to-job illness or injury accommodation and I think WSIB picks up the difference (not sure on that). But moving somebody from Job A to Job B because they were a screw-up in A, but keep their pay?

Same pay in a lower-paying classification? Interesting. I've seen it for on-to-job illness or injury accommodation and I think WSIB picks up the difference (not sure on that). But moving somebody from Job A to Job B because they were a screw-up in A, but keep their pay?

Replied in Emergency Services.

They were striking for us, so do we get the $2500 payment too? They probably forgot to bring the CAF members up in the negotiations I guess.

They were striking for us, so do we get the $2500 payment too? They probably forgot to bring the CAF members up in the negotiations I guess.

No they weren’t. But you will benefit.

You have your own compensation model for a variety of things others don’t get. Stop being so entitled that you can’t see beyond your own biases.

The only thing I am fairly certain you will be getting an increase over the 10% that was in place before. If I calculate I think it will amount to a 1.5 % increase from what was established but a lot of numbers are being bandied around based on perspective.

People keep framing the federal government's policy as "PSAC strikes for CAF, too". That's ridiculous. PSAC members undertake job actions for themselves. The federal government made a decision to establish a link between non-CAF and CAF remuneration to save itself the trouble of negotiating with CAF members. Neither PSAC's members nor CAF members have a hand in the matter. If the existing policy were removed, CAF compensation could go in either direction: down, if the government thinks the work doesn't merit as much and thinks it's in an employer's market; up, if the government isn't paying enough and it finds that it can't attract and retain enough people.

I think it more likely that the government's policy keeps CAF compensation lower than it ought to be (considering the hazards and the frequent obligatory relocations), and that the government knows it.

:)

images

You have your own compensation model for a variety of things others don’t get. Stop being so entitled that you can’t see beyond your own biases.

The only thing I am fairly certain you will be getting an increase over the 10% that was in place before. If I calculate I think it will amount to a 1.5 % increase from what was established but a lot of numbers are being bandied around based on perspective.
As it stands now, WFH has been essentially removed from some units/commands for CAF members, so if it's part of the new PS deal we might get a few extra pennies to compensate for it not being part of our compensation package.

I look forward to comparing my pay stubs from now and post July this year.

Back