• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

My guess is that PP doesn’t care much who owns the mines, drilling rigs, refineries, forestry companies or pipeline companies. He wants to see resource extraction and primary processing favoured again. If the companies doing that are solidly First Nations owned- double thumbs up.
I think the issue of First Nations ownership plays to two policy platform propaganda lines:
  • First: real 'reconciliation' means First Nations, (vice (foreign) corporate/bond holder) ownership of resources and delivery systems; and
  • Second: the "green left" is actually racist, trying to hold First Nations back, etc.

I think the issue of First Nations ownership plays to two policy platform propaganda lines:
  • First: real 'reconciliation' means First Nations, (vice (foreign) corporate/bond holder) ownership of resources and delivery systems; and
  • Second: the "green left" is actually racist, trying to hold First Nations back, etc.

Which is better for Canada on the first count, and probably a little true on the second.

I would think they will at least politely listen to what he has to say.
Broadly, I'm sure they will. But it only takes a few of the hundreds of Chiefs to be "those folks", right? It'll be interesting to see who complains about what from the floor, so to speak.
... As a guess, PP is likely to champion the idea of giving First Nations the legislative tools to become economically viable, whatever that means.
Watch for hints of First Nations' owned pipelines and so on ...
Governments of both Red and Blue stripes have wanted to see First Nation ownership of these sorts of things. I suspect the issue may be more a range of capacity within communities (in a sample size of 630 First Nations, like looking for solutions for that many municipalities, you're going to get a pretty wide range of capability and access to resources) than the trying on the government end. How do you make more communities ready to own & run companies? If I had the answer to that, I'd have retired a LOT sooner than I have :)

This thread has some great swerves. Recommend going back and re-reading the evolution (I just skimmed page 40-70ish and it was a hoot). From disparaging PP to pumping up Charest, this thread is pure entertainment. And some of the prior analysis' in this thread are... wide of the mark... when measured against where things are today. :ROFLMAO:

The FN's are getting pissed with the Left spoiling economic opportunity in their traditional territories. The pipeline protest is all about who gets control of the revenue sharing and if the Elder council of that particular band gets an agreement they kick the protester off their territory.

Back