• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ / BMOQ - Personal Electronics during course [MERGED]

Typical military responses because this is a military forum? Crazy.

I'm not bashing you. It sounds like you have a big ol chip on your shoulder with all you "typical army this" and "you're all bullies" that.

You are giving potential recruits false information by telling them they will always have access to a phone to call home. They won't.

"I know people who have deployed".
First off not all deployments will find soldiers surrounded by PSP staff, welfare phones, tim hortons and SAT phones laying around fully charged. 
Second maybe you should deploy overseas before you talk about what it's like for yourself? Just a suggestion.

"Military being so tough and all"
yes we've all heard hard as fuck guys before, maybe you should try the foreign legion or something  ;)

P.S the new force test is also an example of the new military, can't pass the old one, make an easier one. So do not bash me cause you simply do not agree.
So the "new military" making more lenient physical standards for recruits is weak and LOL worthy but the military making basic training less stressful and less isolated is a good thing? Right.

the problem in the forces is the new generation bumping heads with the old. I see the military as bullies yes, People who were bullies join the forces to keep power, and the ones who were bullied join so they can have power.. and eventually all become dicks. I've been in long enough to see this. You work under 10 ppl who all have conflicting ideas and you are suppose to know what to do, every person has their own way of writing memos, and cause of it you have to rewrite it 50 times, when i was a private I was not allowed to ask my Mcpl a question before I spoke to a Cpl first.. now how stupid is that. I still see no problem with cellphones in basic. They play a big game and once you leave its no where near what basic life was. By typical military response, i mean ignorance. I have no chip on my shoulder, I just see people being bullied in the army by morons. One Mcpl yelling at a cpl cause he failed his express, when the Mcpl is a fat slob who huffs and puffs while breathing. Sgts taking turns not showing up to work cause no one will tell on them. So when military members have all these opinions of how things should and shouldn't be, I take that with a tiny grain of salt cut in half. So the more perks people get the merrier. If cellphones are allowed that is awesome. 

polishman23 said:
the problem in the forces is the new generation bumping heads with the old. I see the military as bullies yes, People who were bullies join the forces to keep power, and the ones who were bullied join so they can have power.. and eventually all become dicks. I've been in long enough to see this. You work under 10 ppl who all have conflicting ideas and you are suppose to know what to do, every person has their own way of writing memos, and cause of it you have to rewrite it 50 times, when i was a private I was not allowed to ask my Mcpl a question before I spoke to a Cpl first.. now how stupid is that. I still see no problem with cellphones in basic. They play a big game and once you leave its no where near what basic life was. By typical military response, i mean ignorance. I have no chip on my shoulder, I just see people being bullied in the army by morons. One Mcpl yelling at a cpl cause he failed his express, when the Mcpl is a fat slob who huffs and puffs while breathing. Sgts taking turns not showing up to work cause no one will tell on them. So when military members have all these opinions of how things should and shouldn't be, I take that with a tiny grain of salt cut in half. So the more perks people get the merrier. If cellphones are allowed that is awesome.

Can I just ask, why do you stay?  If it's just high school revisited for you, why do you stick around?  This is out of pure curiosity, I'm not looking for, nor will I engage in, a poo flinging contest.

polishman23

You may not think you have an attitude problem, but that is not being what is reflected here.  You come across as a very immature, inexperienced person having a very large chip on his shoulder.  Your claims really look more like trolling than advice from someone with experience.  I have a feeling you managed to barely squeak through BMQ and have still not learned much about the military.  If as you say, bullies join the Forces, then what are you doing here?  Are you a bully who wants his way?  You do realize that most bullies are in fact cowards.  Now that I have listened to you whine in more than one post, I think I'll go get some cheese and maybe a beer.  Beer puts hair on your chest.  You may need some.

actually George, the military is just paying for my school, We are different generations, so I do not expect you to have the same point of you as myself. I know what I have seen. People disrespecting other people, all the time behind their backs. It is what it is. I passed basic with no problems, its all a game do as you're told and its done. Yes bullies are cowards and I see a lot of it in the forces. With the bashing of others and stealing people's credit cause they are higher in rank. We will never agree, we are 30 years apart in age, I do not expect you to.

PM23,
EDIT: According to you you're  just using the uniform to pay for school so nevermind. Cheers

to answer some, Im in the forces cause I owe it to canada, my mom got sick and had to go in disability, I feel I owe it to alot of people. So we are taught to listen to our co's officers, leaders but if they create a rule other military members do not like we have to bash it. look, I have my views.. regarding the private not talking to a Mcpl, was because there was a phone call and we had to go through the ranks just to tell them. You will have your bad ones and I have seen my share of good ones as well. Obviously there is no place for me on this forum anyway, so I will be closing my account. There is alot of I do not give a crap that goes on cause no one is accountable for funds. I seen regiments blow through the rest of their ammo cause they did not want to fil lout paper work if some were brought back, that to me is a waste of money. Anyways See ya later.

I seen someone get yelled at because they screwed up, but the person yelling at them wrote, something on someones car and they drove around town with it on. Talk about a hypocrite.  things like this, I have a hard time dealing with. I may not be meant for the army, but I have personal reasons to be in it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, I'm sure you've heard that from your superiors at work before too.

polishman23 said:
............... So we are taught to listen to our co's officers, leaders but if they create a rule other military members do not like we have to bash it. look, I have my views..

I really think that you need to ask for a Release.  You have an attitude that is not conducive to being a contributing member of the Canadian Armed Forces.  Sorry if the truth hurts or insults you, but you are displaying qualities that will not stand you well in the CAF, and you might as well leave now.  Perhaps, this is also a contributing factor in how you have been treated.

The grass is not greener on the other side.  The CAF is a microcosm of the Canadian population.  You will find the same people in the CAF as you will in any job, but not the discipline, dedication and camaraderie.  Good luck as a civilian.

As you say you are leaving this site; well, Happy Trails. 

polishman23 said:
ya, discipline my ass... hipocrites.

Ya.  Discipline!  Something you are not showing at the moment.

Do you really want to continue trolling.  You said you were going to leave.  You apparently are not a person of your word, amongst other things. 

Drop it now while you are still ahead.  Keep your word and go.

polishman23 said:
actually George, the military is just paying for my school, We are different generations, so I do not expect you to have the same point of you as myself. I know what I have seen. People disrespecting other people, all the time behind their backs. It is what it is. I passed basic with no problems, its all a game do as you're told and its done. Yes bullies are cowards and I see a lot of it in the forces. With the bashing of others and stealing people's credit cause they are higher in rank. We will never agree, we are 30 years apart in age, I do not expect you to.

Young man, it's not better and sometimes a lot worse on civvy street...trust me on this.

polishman23 said:

Even if your grievances are accurate it's hardly a startling accusation...the same is true where ever you work.
I worked in finance for a few years and before that in academia and can tell you that people are assholes and bullies looking for power...that's just life.
I used to write up documents all the time and have to re-write it over and over again because it didn't jive with how each person above me writes. 
When you spend years and years working on research and finally pull enough stuff together to publish a paper, who's name goes on top...your supervisors!
Life's unfair, get over it.

Now I've yet to make it basic so feel free to totally disregard my opinion about this but I've always felt like military training should be about making you uncomfortable. Personally one of the biggest reasons I'm joining is I want my life to be uncomfortable..to feel pain...because that's how we grow and become stronger. And I want people standing next to me in combat who won't quit when things get uncomfortable and painful.
So, personally, I feel like screw the electronics and any other "treats" and let's see who can stand the heat...otherwise get out of the kitchen. 

RectorCR said:
Now I've yet to make it basic so feel free to totally disregard my opinion about this but I've always felt like military training should be about making you uncomfortable.

You're right on the money dude. The idea is to expose (and thus inoculate) recruits to hardships they likely haven't been exposed to but will likely BE exposed to in the future.

Lack of sleep. Stress. Less varity of food. Physical exertion.  Getting yelled at. Working with a closed group of people. Being out of touch with your family. Being out of touch with the outside world. Living in a very structured environment. Shit like that.

People have seen A&Es intervention right? Someone stumbling around drunk at 10am telling the camera they don't have a drinking problem, right before they steal money from their kids piggy bank for a case of beer.
Obviously not as dramatic as that but peoples dependence on things (texting, FB, calling home) can really fuck with their head when it's removed.

We keep revisiting the same arument in this thread so here is a challange for all you guys and girls who are planning on going away to basic training.

Shut your cell phone off and don't access the internet for a week.  No excuses, no cheating, no exceptions.

Challange yourself to shut your cell and net off Sunday at 3pm and see if you can make it to Saturday morning.  See if you can live for a week without "being connected" (and that's even without the stress of being on basic training).

ObedientiaZelum said:
....  here is a challange for all you guys and girls who are planning on going away to basic training.

Shut your cell phone off and don't access the internet for a week.  No excuses, no cheating, no exceptions.

Challange yourself to shut your cell and net off Sunday at 3pm and see if you can make it to Saturday morning.  See if you can live for a week without "being connected" (and that's even without the stress of being on basic training).
Heck, you can even start by trying ONE DAY without being connected - small steps ....

milnews.ca said:
Heck, you can even start by trying ONE DAY without being connected - small steps ....

I think you may be on to the newest reality TV show there  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
You're right on the money dude. The idea is to expose (and thus inoculate) recruits to hardships they likely haven't been exposed to but will likely BE exposed to in the future.

Lack of sleep. Stress. Less varity of food. Physical exertion.  Getting yelled at. Working with a closed group of people. Being out of touch with your family. Being out of touch with the outside world. Living in a very structured environment. crap like that.

People have seen A&Es intervention right? Someone stumbling around drunk at 10am telling the camera they don't have a drinking problem, right before they steal money from their kids piggy bank for a case of beer.
Obviously not as dramatic as that but peoples dependence on things (texting, FB, calling home) can really frig with their head when it's removed.

We keep revisiting the same arument in this thread so here is a challange for all you guys and girls who are planning on going away to basic training.

Sounds like a standard work week for me, minus stealing from piggy banks though.  ;)

This is the thread that never ends, it goes on an on my friends...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57457818-1/something-new-to-fear-cell-phone-separation-anxiety/

I'm so sick of being out with friends/family who check their phones once every 5 minutes. As soon as I know I'm going to be out with people, I turn the phone vibrate and only answer if it's the person taking care of my son but that's it. I think for me that is going to be the hardest part of Basic (If and when I make it), the unknown factor of how my son is doing.. sigh.

Back