• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

G&M: CBC's military obsession just feels creepy

HDE said:
John appears to go on the premise that the rest of us are in awe of his intellectual horsepower and take what he says as gospel.  The reality, I think, is that most a few of us read what he writes, balance it against what we know or have read elsewhere and decide how valid his comments are.  One of the great things about the internet is that, if used carefully, it becomes dead simple to factcheck what commentators are saying.  Then there's the "newspaper of record",  " properly trained journalists" fluff.  I'd say he's living in the past when there weren't many alternatives to the G and M, CBC, etc and their people carried more weight.

I beg to differ, see my edit, above and this - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/54573/post-500118.html#msg500118 - at the top of this page.

I cannot fathom why anyone bothers to read any of the tripe he offers.  Does anyone really care about sitcoms?  His intellectual 'weight' is a negative quantity - in fact, flighty is the word that comes to mind.

Back