• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Independent Quebec will have own army: Duceppe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Patricia's Albertan Light Infantry   ;D

With oil revenue the Alberta Republic Gov't can also equipt the LdSH(RA) {Royal Albertan} with M1A2 Abrams...

*for those w/o a sense of humour I am not a seperatist (Quebec or Albertan) but am attempting to lighten the mood here.
As I said before while I want Quebec to remain in Canada -- if they did decide to seperate I would not begrudge them an army.

Daidalous said:
  What really worries me is that there is a possibility of a civil war.( And do not say there is not, there are to many things that can go wrong.

There is always a possibility for anything.

However; this has been a long standing issue.   If it were going to happen it would have already.   Separatist politicians are just politicians.   They all know there would never be enough support to make it happen.   Would the rest of Canada come to aide of Quebecers that are opposed to Separation?  Sure they would.   Not saying there might be a hidden agena to rewrite certain Quebec Policies during the Liberation of Canadians born in Quebec.

And CHOP, it goes both ways.   When I've been in Montreal, I have to start out with "Je ne parle pa, eh compre pa Frances; parle vous Englass" (Please excuse the spelling); in order not to get the "French cold shoulder."   But as you state it's the same accross Canada and we all have to make a difference.

My Cottage is in "Occupied Canada", and I won't give it up or my French Canadian Friends that easily.

P.S.   I was no where near St. Catherines Street ;D

Old Ranger said:
Too bad it's not looked at as treason, And too bad there not subject to the QR&O's.

Unless some one knows a loop hole?

FLQ crisis, CFB Petawawa....Don't you think the CF is prepared for separation attempts?
Troops deployed in Montreal during the October èCrisis were from Mobile Force hq, CFB Saint-Hubert, 1 kilometer form the house in wich was kept Pierre Laporte

Chop said:
This is what Duceppe wants, the kind of posts that are going on here, it is all just rhetoric. He is a separatist and that is all he wants, he wants Quebec to separate. He will say anything to achieve this. Never mind all of the chat on if Quebec will survive, or the first nations will not accept it, or the southern Quebecers will not go with the rest of Quebec. He just wants to create more separatists. He can achieve this in many way's, one is by what I am reading here in the forums. How many of you are angered by the thought of any of this is happening, now how many of you could possibly take it out on a French Canadian Quebecer. Someone who just stops and asks for directions in Edmonton, Windsor or Richmond and all he or she hears is that Quebecers are all separatists or F&*% Frenchman, instead of a friendly smile, what would this achieve, nothing. It could create other separatists who feels he does not belong with the rest of Canada.

So back to the point at hand, I would ignore anything that comes out of Mr. Duceppe's mouth, it has no bearing what so ever on Canada's future. He just wants the press or publicity and to create an attitude of hatred or unrest and to create more separatist to help advance his cause, lets not give him that.

On a last note, I joined the forces because I wanted to be a soldier, if I was born in France I would be a French soldier, if I was born in England I would be a British soldier. I am a reservist and if Quebec (I know that this will never happen) was to separate and I wanted to stay a soldier, my choices are to move out of Quebec or stay and become a Quebec soldier or to not be a soldier and to leave the Forces. A, B or C. What would any of you do if your province separated, never mind Quebec. It is a tough question. But a question I am sure that none of us will ever have to answer.

So if you ever see a French Canadian, shake his hand and say "hi there fellow Canadian" and take away what Duceppe wants.
Who told you that southern Quebec would separate from the rest of Quebec. I live there (south of Montreal) and its the storng hold for separatists...

"Princess Patricia's Albertan Light Infantry 

With oil revenue the Alberta Republic Gov't can also equipt the LdSH(RA) {Royal Albertan} with M1A2 Abrams... "

kevin, what makes you think if the Aberta broke away from canada. they would get to keep either the PPCLI or LdSH?  What ever was left of canada would just move to the Regments to ever where they were needed. 

radiohead said:
kevin, what makes you think if the Aberta broke away from canada. they would get to keep either the PPCLI or LdSH?
I thought he made it clear with this statement:
*for those w/o a sense of humour I am not a seperatist (Quebec or Albertan) but am attempting to lighten the mood here.

Uhm -- radiohead -- dude check out what Jungle highlighted from my post...

Its OK, its not often you get to watch a 100% "swing and a miss" like that.... ;)

I'm a Canadian I want to seperate Canada from the provinces.

Can someone tell me why it takes more paperwork and hassle to move between Canadian provinces than it does between European countries?

Alberta would buy Abrams? What they don't want main battle tanks?

edadian said:
I'm a Canadian I want to seperate Canada from the provinces.

Can someone tell me why it takes more paperwork and hassle to move between Canadian provinces than it does between European countries?

Alberta would buy Abrams? What they don't want main battle tanks?

Pease tell me that the above post was done in really bad humour...If not you may wish to change your log in name as I would be too embarrassed to use the one you have after the above post!

Old Ranger said:
And CHOP, it goes both ways.   When I've been in Montreal, I have to start out with "Je ne parle pa, eh compre pa Frances; parle vous Englass" (Please excuse the spelling); in order not to get the "French cold shoulder."   But as you state it's the same accross Canada and we all have to make a difference.

Yes there are unpleasent people every where, I for one have never done that. I have met some very unpleasent people in BC, Ontario and Alberta and I did not stryke them all with the same paint brush, you can decide to let it go on, or stop it by not doing it yourself. I must also tell you, if I meet a Quebecer being rude to a non Quebecer in Quebec I also stand in and give crap to the Quebecer for being an a@$.

Yes, you are right, it is the same for all of us across Canada, and let not give the seperatists the tool of hatred that htey need to further there cause....

But again, Mr. Duceppe is a politicion and is only looking to create the hatred and anger for his cause.

Ahhh....
Chop has noticed that Mr Duceppe was fishing

and the fishies are a biting......

(musing to myself - does this thread really have to go on ad nauseum?)

Since this is directly related to this topic I'd like to pass on a novel I wrote in 2003 titled Flashpoint Quebec. www.flashpointquebec.com  I've advertised my book on this website in the past and have gotten great reviews from Canadian and U.S. Army personnel who have read it, including the owner and some mediators of this site. Essentially, it's a hypothetical "what if" scenario of Quebec indeed seceeding, obtaining M1Abrams tanks, and creating a Quebec Defense Force to defend against an aggressive posture from the Canadian federal government. A U.S. military task force is called in under the NATO umbrella to act in a supporting role for the CA but then find themselves in a fierce infantry vs. tank urban battle in Trois Rivieres.

It's not a farfetched scenario in the least especially when Duceppe is actually talking about a revival of separatist sentiments.

Anyway, there was a good forum discussion about the book at http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/4563.0.html under the Military Literature heading if you are interested in learning more.

Karpovage said:
It's not a farfetched scenario in the least especially when Duceppe is actually talking about a revival of separatist sentiments.

Living in Quebec I can say that it is not a revival, this goes on all the time in Quebec. Maybe that is why most Quebecers have a thick skin to this kind of talk. But again he is for looking for press and would love nothing more than to have the rest of the provinces hate Quebecers, it would add to his hopes of more separatist in Quebec, so I do not take what he says as fact. Just more publicity for his cause. Lets not give him the tools.

I agree, this topic has never stayed on course, and probably won't anyway soooo.....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051029.wduceppe1029/BNStory/National/

A scary thought and move in my opinion...

RecDiver said:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051029.wduceppe1029/BNStory/National/

A scary thought and move in my opinion...

I strongly believe that if the federal Liberals, Conservatives and others had been stronger leaders over the years, this issue would be less of a problem, if not completely gone.

Just remember, Gilles Ducppe is likely in his last election campaign or two, and turned down a run at the Parti Quebecois leadership. He is a washed up politician.

Remember, as crazy as we are for not defending ourselves better, the Parti Quebecois provincially is the party that would trigger a referendum. It doesn't matter how many seats Gilles Duceppe wins in Ottawa--he could win all 75 and he still can't call a referendum.

Of course he'd want a separate army, but most army personnel are separatists. Support fpr sovereignty has always gone up and down, and is manipulated by thepress.

One question, does anyone think the main military training facility in northern Quebec should be moved back to Ontario? Wouldn't that be better?

Re-opened, but hanging by a thread, KEEP IT ON THE TOPIC.:argument:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back