• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Integrated force with the U.S.

Loachman said:
George Bush was Harper's fault too.

Judas Iscariot was Harper's fault.  As was the snake in the Garden of Eden.  And the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.

Lumber said:
It doesn't even need to be Harper related.

I saw comments bashing Harper on a news story about Orca whales.

Yup, they throw him in like others do Hitler at the slightest connection or none for that matter.  It's the usual lunatic lefties you see crop up continually to bring him up as the "Great Satan".  The wankers amuse me with their idiocy.

Actually the Big Bang was Harper's fault, therefore he is responsible for anything bad the has ever happened, or will happen at anytime in the future.  :nod:

E.R. Campbell said:
See this, from the Calgary Herald on "Harper Derangement Syndrome."
d

He nailed it, I sent the link to my Harper hating NDP relatives who promptly replied that treatment for HDS is not covered by OHIP, and that is also Stephen Harpers fault/plan/hidden agenda.

Combined formations seem to be all the rage in Europe.  Why shouldn't we get in the game.

MCG said:
Combined formations seem to be all the rage in Europe.  Why shouldn't we get in the game.

Because we remember the War of 1812. That's why!  :warstory:

Yes. I don't suppose a combined formation where the Canadians wore their "1812 pin" on their uniform would show good taste  ;D.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Yes. I don't suppose a combined formation where the Canadians wore their "1812 pin" on their uniform would show good taste  ;D.

But it would be sooooo satisfying. :eek:

"Soldier, what does that pin on your uniform represent?"

"Sir, It commemorates the period in history when we handed the US Army it's ass and burned down the White House. Sir!"

:rofl:

I am very sure most Americans, especially the Pentagon, would be very pleased if the WH was burned.

cupper said:
"Sir, It commemorates the period in history when we handed the US Army it's *** and burned down the White House. Sir!"

We also did nothing of the sort. The White House was burned by British troops that had been redeployed after defeating Napoleon. It is likely that very few of the roughly 5,000 soldiers involved in the operation had ever set foot in British North America. But hey, why let the facts stand in the way of a good story right? :)

jeffb said:
We also did nothing of the sort. The White House was burned by British troops that had been redeployed after defeating Napoleon. It is likely that very few of the roughly 5,000 soldiers involved in the operation had ever set foot in British North America. But hey, why let the facts stand in the way of a good story right? :)

You just have to suck the fun out of everything. ;D

Besides, the Americans don't know that. They think they won because Jackson wasn't informed of the end of hostilities before the Battle of New Orleans.  ;)

daftandbarmy said:
Because we remember the War of 1812. That's why!  :warstory:

I'm pretty sure the Dutch remember WWII, but that doesn't stop them from participating in the German-Netherlands Corps.

France also has willingly participated in the Franco-German Brigade within the Euro Corps.

Rifleman62 said:
I am very sure most Americans, especially the Pentagon, would be very pleased if the WH was burned.

Indeed.  An alternate American response could be: "You should have done a better job."

On the subject of integration - the Royal Marines and the Royal Netherlands Marines are virtually joined at the hip.

https://www.defensie.nl/english/topics/international-cooperation/contents/other-countries/british-dutch-cooperation-between-marine-units

Chris Pook said:
Indeed.  An alternate American response could be: "You should have done a better job."

On the subject of integration - the Royal Marines and the Royal Netherlands Marines are virtually joined at the hip.

https://www.defensie.nl/english/topics/international-cooperation/contents/other-countries/british-dutch-cooperation-between-marine-units

I was with 45 Cdo and we were augmented by a 4th rifle company only when we deployed to Norway on NATO exercises. This was 'Whisky Company' of the RNLMC.

We hardly saw them and, when we did, we rushed our marines into the scran queue first because the Cloggies could each eat twice their body weight in 12 seconds flat.  ;D

So no, I wouldn't say 'joined at the hip' at all. More like 'in the same solar system'.

Back