• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview on may 11, will i make it for summer?

• Thread starter Thread starter ludacris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ludacris

hi another quick question, my interview is on may 11, for the reserves, and they keep saying ill be able tomake it in for the summer, but by the way you people are saying, ill be lucky if i make it in for next summer. well not really, but is it pretty unlikely ill e in this summer?

after your interview you need to wait 4 - 6 weeks, and then you have to be sworn in. its going to be tight.

From what I know reserve BMQ starts on june 28th, if you around Toronto. So you should be able to make it, if all things go perfect.

too hard to I doubt it, I had an interview in early April, and I‘ve been told is a longshot if I get in for the summer, and I am trying everything possible to get in, so keep your fingers crossed and best of luck, is your interview the last thing you have to do?

no its the very first thing i need to do, but they kept saying getting in this summer is possible, i live in winnipeg, im really doubting it though

Have you written the appitude test?? Because I saw your post about "swat teams".....I think its going to be tight for you to qualify at all.

Well at least he has a sense of humour ;)

Keep going with the process, even if not this summer your unit can likely employ you during the year next year and either put you on a weekend bmq or let you wait until next summer to start. Either way it‘ll be worth it if its what you want.

i forsure want to, i just wont be able to do the weekend training with university and such, so i guess i might have to wait a whole year. shat

you most definately can do the training on weekends and university, it just becomes more about the time management. :p
I‘m in university and am joining the reserves...I don‘t see a problem

Thanks for taking it well.

As for the process mine from start to finish took just under 2mos So anything is possible

Originally posted by ludacris:
[qb] i forsure want to, i just wont be able to do the weekend training with university and such, so i guess i might have to wait a whole year. shat [/qb]
It‘s probably going to be really tight. Ive had everything done since March and I‘m still waiting.
Which university luda?

I‘m in the reserve and transfering in the regular at the moment. I tell you something, the reserve is the best job in Canada for a student. They pay you back 50% of your university cost. Thrust me you will like that. I dont know how it is in other regiment but in mine, they are taking in consideration that 90% of the troops are students. They are making there planning so its not in conflict with the school. By the way i just finished my university while being at same time in the reserve.

Unfortunately, the 50% tuition is over at the end of this school year. The Government has decided no to fund it further. As for the processing, when you were told that we could have you processed and ready for the summer we did not know about the scoliosis (officially). It will be tight but your med file would be prioritised due to the cut-off date for the training. We will have a better answer on 11 May after your CFAT, Interview and medical.

I would suggest that you get a letter from your doctor and Physiotherapist before coming in, that outlines your condition and full prognosis. Otherwise, after your Medical we will send you out for the letters and your file will not get to Borden until you return the letters.

Sorry, but that is the medical group policy, not ours. We can only play by the rules.

Last year I missed the summer deadline too... Dont worry the year goes by pretty fast and the work up training you will receive before you go to BMQ next year will help you out alot.. On top of that if you join soon you will probably be able to have weekend BMQ in the fall..

Originally posted by Royal:
[qb] Unfortunately, the 50% tuition is over at the end of this school year. The Government has decided no to fund it further. [/qb]
Ah crap... Are you serious? Any chance you can go into a little more detail? I was really hoping to get my 7 grand a year reduced to at least 5. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back