• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Something deteriorating slowly eventually deteriorates completely, unless deterioration is offset by periods of reconstruction. Crises can accelerate deterioration, so that something no-one really noticed suddenly becomes massively apparent. That includes stock holdings and the capability to replace them.

The only use it gets is changing tires
In my Suburban it’s great for getting my mother in law in and out…

Also for parking at the Hockey rink when the Zamboni dumps in spots I want to park in.

Regardless, it is painful but we need to get pulled into the 21st century when it comes to many of our practices, data included. Trying to hold onto old methods and compromising over the years gave us the crappy data we have now.
Yeah, all that makes sense, but I guess it's just that the data conversion is now a forced function without resources to do it, and will be a lot of after the fact triaging as things break.

I'm all for data cleanup, but frankly we did a crap job of it on the DRMIS conversion a decade ago, and have had garbage building up since, so this is probably 20 years of 'paying it forward' catching up to us.

Anyway, 2024 problem! Merry Xmas!

Yeah, all that makes sense, but I guess it's just that the data conversion is now a forced function without resources to do it, and will be a lot of after the fact triaging as things break.

I'm all for data cleanup, but frankly we did a crap job of it on the DRMIS conversion a decade ago, and have had garbage building up since, so this is probably 20 years of 'paying it forward' catching up to us.
We looked at legacy data for the JAG's Comprehensive Information Management Project. It was considered entirely beyond our capability to incorporate it. Compared to DRMIS JAG CIMP was very, very lightweight. Good luck in ever getting it under control.

Target Canada enters the chat.

🍻

Sounds like alot this comes down to I'd being shite with IT, which we all know all to well. Is it to much to ask for all our accounts to be integrated? If I log into DWAN why a new password for EMAA, monitor mass, etc.... if civi global corporations can pull ot off, so ca we

Sounds like alot this comes down to I'd being shite with IT, which we all know all to well. Is it to much to ask for all our accounts to be integrated? If I log into DWAN why a new password for EMAA, monitor mass, etc.... if civi global corporations can pull ot off, so ca we

EMMA is the same login as DWAN now. You can technically make your MM the same password too.

Or, do what the US does and have a Common Access Card, which combines everything. One PIN to remember for all unclassified IT sites, plus your ID card, meal card for DFACs, PKI…

Of course, that means that we must be able to get a new CAC in minutes if we lose it. Also, all DND-affiliated folks would need to be part of this program.

One PIN to rule them all.

Eye Of Sauron cat GIF

When I had to deal with a large civilian company we worked for, you had to change the password every 90 days and couldnt be repeated and there were multiple logins that all had to be different. We of course overcame all this by sharing the same passwords between us and with our superior for each application eg

Canada1, Canada2

When I had to deal with a large civilian company we worked for, you had to change the password every 90 days and couldnt be repeated and there were multiple logins that all had to be different. We of course overcame all this by sharing the same passwords between us and with our superior for each application eg

Canada1, Canada2

If you make security difficult, people will find a way to be lazy and reduce it.

Back