• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves EME officer a "dying breed?"

Chang

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

I went down to the local service battalion today looking into the EME officer job and was told by the RSM that the reserves EME officer is a dying breed since there aren't any courses available for them. Can any PRes EME officers out there tell me how often these courses happen? thanks!

From a former EME Officer, there was not a Reserve EME Officer course.  You had to do the Reg Force course (both Phase III and IV), which are about 3 months long.  If you have the time, the courses are offered each year.

One caveat, the last time I looked into this was about 1 year ago, but I don't things have changed.

Exactly.  The EME branch and the Army need to sit down and decide what they want EME reservists, both officers and NCMs, to be able to do, and design training to meet those needs.  The comprehensive Regular Force courses are very rich for the current model of Reserve service in Canada.

Hello
My name is Steven, I passed an aptitude test for EME and will go for an interview in two weeks. I have read over the cutsheets re: EME and get more excited each time, how can one prepare for this interview? What are they looking for? Any help you can extend me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you steve in Van bc :salute:

What occupation within the wonderful EME Branch are you looking at?

ex - 421

hi
i have an interview to start as an EME officer and would like to prepare for the interview any advice? Also what are the steps after a successful interview, physical training, how long? I guess I may need to run a mile, until i can do it :warstory:

Are you looking at the Reg Force or the Reserves?

Either way, physical fitness is a key element, so start on an intelligent build-up.  Don't break yourself by trying to do too much, too soon.

regular force
i can't do a situp
nor run 2.4km without stopping
so need alot of work

Yup.

Go to a fitness center and get some help - it'll go a long way in motivating you.

yes off to the gym
i wonder how much time after interview i go to basic
i would like to learn what to expect at the interview...eme knowledge for sure
i guess that there must be a contract negotiation

is there some ranking timeline i can see for an eme officer?

[officer cadet subordiante jr. Sr. Gen] this might be the big picture

2nd lieutenant approx 1yr

lieutenant approx 1yr

captain

major

tutorisland said:
yes off to the gym
i wonder how much time after interview i go to basic
i would like to learn what to expect at the interview...eme knowledge for sure
i guess that there must be a contract negotiation

is there some ranking timeline i can see for an eme officer?

[officer cadet subordiante jr. Sr. Gen] this might be the big picture

2nd lieutenant approx 1yr

lieutenant approx 1yr

captain

major

Worry about GETTING IN first, and then if succesful at that passing your BMOQ, before you start thinking about things like career progression.

ok thx
i guess the interview is not a given
i only know i should review the cut sheet re: officer eme

any other tidbits you can share re: medical interview
thx again
this is a great help for me

tutorisland said:
ok thx
i guess the interview is not a given
i only know i should review the cut sheet re: officer eme

any other tidbits you can share re: medical interview
thx again
this is a great help for me
Start searching and reading.

.............and review the guidelines on punctuation, capitalization and MSN speak.

Milnet.ca Staff

work on running for ENDURANCE, and pushups, as often as possible. In fact, do pushups whenever you have an opportunity.

Back