• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Jourdan said:
Hello Everyone! Today I got some great unofficial news from the RMC coach who recruited me.
Article 1: The selection board has sat down and ROTP applicants should be receiving calls from next week until some time in April (round one I'm assuming).
Article 2: From what he has been told I should be accepted to RMC for Engineering. This is unofficial so nothing is confirmed. However, he was already making plans as to how I would fit onto the team, so I can't help but be optimistic.  I'll tell you one thing though, my phone is going to be glued to my hand until they call.

Good luck to you all! :salute: And if I get it, I'll see you at the parade square.

Well, I can say that I've been told the same thing by CFRC Montreal about the board having started to sit on Monday or Tuesday.

Ditto for the phone BTW, I'm going to make an exception to my no phone in class rule for once. :nod:

Does anyone know if RETP candidates are selected and informed the same time as ROTP candidates? Some time later perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

One of my friends received a letter telling him he was denied from ROTP.

I never realized how competitive it was.

bdave said:

I'm curious, was this before or after his interview?

No clue. I will ask him.
It has me scared to be honest. This summer I'm planning on getting eye surgery just so that I might have a chance at pilot. For some reason i figured they were short on officers and everyone who applied for ROTP got in.

bdave said:

Selection for ROTP is a 2 part process:

Not only must an ROTP applicant satisfy the requirement to pass the CFAT with a high enough score to  qualify for Officer, they must successfully complete the interview process. An application can be slowed or stopped at any stage...

In addition, once we ( CFRC ) receive an ROTP Applicant's transcripts we fax them to RMC. That august body then decides who is suitable  ( based on the transcripts) for ROTP at RMC, suitable for ROTP at a civvy U
They may also decide that the applicant is not suitable for ROTP ( so even if you ace the CFAT, the interview and the med...you can still be turned down.)

Alright, thanks.
What would be one of the reasons that would make the applicant unsuitable for ROTP (given that you've aced everything)?

Hey Everyone,

I just found out today that I WAS ACCEPTED FOR RMC!!! I'm so happy; I've wanted to go to RMC my whole life.

Good luck to everyone still waiting - hope to see you there! :)

VBanks said:
Hey Everyone,

I just found out today that I WAS ACCEPTED FOR RMC!!! I'm so happy; I've wanted to go to RMC my whole life.

Great news, congratulations! May I ask which program you will be going into?

VBanks said:
Hey Everyone,

Woah niiiice! Congratulation! I wich I'll meet you there ;) If I dont, I wish you the best of luck and success!  xx

Hey everyone

I got a call from the recruiting office yesterday and they want me to come in monday. So i am hoping its good news. Good luck to all who are still waiting for the call.  :)

hi guys, i just came across this forum today. Im in the runnings for pilot, just waiting to hear back from my recruiting office about rotp selections, has any other pilots been accepted yet?

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come; of course my Santa is a phone call, but none the less I am very excited/nervous about the call.  I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope to be serving with all of you in the selection class of 2010-2011.  :salute:

Hi everyone! I've been reading this thread for a while but I've never had anything contributing to say. But this waiting is killing me, so I've decided to share my story so far. My first choice is MARS and my second is LOG. My friends family is really supportive and confident that I'll be accepted, but I don't think they understand quite how competitive it is. I have pretty high marks, I'm ranked 10th academically in my class which is about a 91% average. I`m also really involved in my school: yearbook editor, leadership role on student council, band, choir, I`m involved in so many groups I barely have a noon hour without a meeting or a day where I go home after school. But my concern is that I've never really played sports, and I'm generally not that physically active. I run sometimes and practice yoga quite regulary, but I don't know if that's enough. How important is physical activity to my application? I'm confident that I can become very active once at RMC and I've all ready started putting more effort into it, but I just don't know.

I was told I did extremely well on my CFAT, but I don`t feel super confident about my interview. Am I just second guessing myself? I'd love to hear the opinions of some people who are more aware of what's required to get in.

Oh, by the way, I'm in my final year of high school and I'm hoping to go to RMC rather than civilian university. Oh, and I have French immersion (taking many of my classes in French since grade 6) on my side.

I'm very excited/nervous to hear that people have begun getting some news, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope to see you come August.  :)

huggle67:

I am in a similar boat in the physical fitness aspect, but I am expecting that as long as you show some signs of activity, it will only matter in the case of a close tie.  Be advised however that fitness is a very important aspect to regular force military life, specifically in the first years, and can be a shock to some who enter basic training.  For now, the application is out of your hands, so in anticipation of being accepted, I suggest that you start working out on a fairly frequent basis.  For my Basic Military Qualifications (BMQ), I found that the hardest part for me was running, so I am now focusing on building myself up to an acceptable level if I get accepted into ROTP.

Best of luck to you and all those like myself waiting for news in the coming weeks.

That's it, I've received my call!!

Accepted for RMC in infantry. I don't remember being this happy ever.

Good luck to all, hope to see you next year.

The incongruous said:
That's it, I've received my call!!

Accepted for RMC in infantry. I don't remember being this happy ever.

Good luck to all, hope to see you next year.

Congrats!! man, I'm waiting to hear back about my AERE app. I hope I find out soon cause I'm going crazy! with all this waiting :D

On a whim, I decided to call CFRC New Westminster BC this morning...

And they told me I got in as a Land Command Logistics Officer 2010-2011!

I can't even begin to describe the relief I felt... I guess selling my social life and past 5 summers of my life to the RCACS program finally paid off!

Guess now all that's left is to wait for the next phonecall for more information regarding joining instructions, course dates, and the rest...

I want to thank everyone that has contributed in this forum, I definitely would not have made it if it wasn't for the insightful comments from this supportive online community.

See you on the parade square! :D

Just gave my Recruitment Center a call, and of course they were busy. Still haven't heard anything about my ROTP since the interview, so I figure I'll try again in a bit.

Congrats to all who have been selected so far, and good luck to the rest!

Congratulations to all those who have made it!!  I am nowhere near a phone and it is killing me not being able to call to find out.  One thing I have learned most of all through this process though is PATIENCE!!

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

Back