• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic said:
Hey everyone,

I am in the same boat as most of you applying for RMC via ROTP.

Anyone here applying for pilot? All my CFAT, medicals and interviews are favorable and just recently received word I am favorable at RMC (qualified). My next step is Air Crew Selection Jan 09.

I am excited, but realize that the Air Crew Selection is the killer in the process of becoming a CF pilot.

On a side note, anyone attending the ROTP open house in Hamilton Jan 22, I believe?

How did you receive word from RMC, they have not even had the review board yet :/
derekreid said:
Pfft, only hippies go to Mount A.
I'm kidding, my sister and a few good friends of mine go to school there. What are you planning on taking?

Id just be doing a BA in History. Have not put a whole lot of thought into it yet.
bms said:
And congratulations Marshall.

Thank you Thank you.

The Dunnminator said:
If you go to Mount Allison we'll have the same ULO, we  might see each other one day.

ULO? Sorry still getting use to the lingo  ;D

The Dunnminator said:
University Liaison Office, Basically he's the clerk that take care of your files.

Ah good good. That would be great to know someone from the forums if I end up in MTA. I am still going with my #1 choice of RMC but CivvieU has its ups also. I will take either rather then none :p we shall see.

There is a few ROTP Ocdt in Mount Allison, about six or seven I think, however we are only two at the Université de Moncton right now.

The Dunnminator said:
There is a few ROTP Ocdt in Mount Allison, about six or seven I think, however we are only two at the Université de Moncton right now.

Sounds good. Can't hurt to have fellow CF around if your on the CivvieU course :)

Id just be doing a BA in History. Have not put a whole lot of thought into it yet.

Nice choice. Mount Allison is a beautiful school, congrats that you got in!
I'm hoping to either study History as well, or Military and Strategic Studies, at RMC.
That program sounds really interesting. BTW, does anyone know when the first board sits?

Yamniuk said:
Nice choice. Mount Allison is a beautiful school, congrats that you got in!
I'm hoping to either study History as well, or Military and Strategic Studies, at RMC.
That program sounds really interesting. BTW, does anyone know when the first board sits?

Then we are mirror images, course-wise at least :) I too am trying for Milstud if I get RMC.

I believe the board is in early January although rumors say there is an earlier one...

Yeah, I've heard those rumours too...
What's you occupation of choice if you don't mind my asking?

Yamniuk said:
Yeah, I've heard those rumours too...
What's you occupation of choice if you don't mind my asking?

Combat arms (or the other name which I can never remember.. land something) area (Armour>Artillery>Infantry>Engineer) :)

Another Combat Arms(Land Ops), MSS hopeful. There is like an entire class of MSS hopefuls who are hoping for a Combat Arms position in this thread alone  ;D

Haha, well, sounds like it will be a pretty awesome class then!
I didn't expect that many would be applying for the combat arms side of things.
All of the applicants I've talked to here (BC) are more interested in Engineering.

I guess we all lean a little bit to the "rolling around in the mud, bang bang bang, grunting" side of the spectrum.

It does make sense in this forum when you think about it though. Who else would be interested in Combat Arms than a person looking for a place to discuss and read about military matters. I haven't met many people in their late teens or early 20s who were visiting a military forum to read about military policy >:D. Which leaves a minority looking like a majority in this odd perfect storm situation.

bms said:
I guess we all lean a little bit to the "rolling around in the mud, bang bang bang, grunting" side of the spectrum.

It does make sense in this forum when you think about it though. Who else would be interested in Combat Arms than a person looking for a place to discuss and read about military matters. I haven't met many people in their late teens or early 20s who were visiting a military forum to read about military policy >:D. Which leaves a minority looking like a majority in this odd perfect storm situation.

*nods and grunts*

Actually, I never (and don't think I'll ever) enjoyed rolling around in the mud and all what comes with it ;)

SupersonicMax said:
Actually, I never (and don't think I'll ever) enjoyed rolling around in the mud and all what comes with it ;)

Nah can't blame ya. Its all ok until your there doing it yourself right? :p

Marshall said:
How did you receive word from RMC, they have not even had the review board yet :/

When I called about something to the CFRC and spoke with my case manager, she said RMC just wrote her an email back saying I was favorable. I think it means I qualify under their requirements.

It would be nice to know however.

This was some 2 weeks back maybe. Was there a selection already for early applicants?

Heff18 said:
Do pilot ROTP applicants need to complete ASC prior to being considered by the ROTP board?

Last year you did not have to have completed aircrew selection in order to be considered for pilot/air operations. Those who haven't completed aircrew are going sometime throughout the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back