• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Spoken like a true cultist. Cultists often speak in black and white, “if you’re not for x, you’re for y” terms.

I see PP as marginally better than JT, but PP still has high negative net approval ratings in the ridings he needs to win if he wants to be PM. He should stick to the economy and affordability issues rather than wallow in culture war and conspiracy theories if he wants voters outside of Fort Bumfucknowhere to take him seriously as a contender.
Son, its you on the outside looking in. Not a cultist, I have stated time and time again, I will vote for any party that meets my families needs (Current conservative, have voted NDP, Green, reform, independent and harper cons)

Spoken like a true cultist. Cultists often speak in black and white, “if you’re not for x, you’re for y” terms.

I see PP as marginally better than JT, but PP still has high negative net approval ratings in the ridings he needs to win if he wants to be PM. He should stick to the economy and affordability issues rather than wallow in culture war and conspiracy theories if he wants voters outside of Fort Bumfucknowhere to take him seriously as a contender.
I don't know where you're getting your info, but it seems wrong. Regarding high negative net approval, you know he has gotten support from long time liberal strongholds like down east and Toronto, right? He's polling in majority territory. All due to the new people coming to the party besides the base. Lots of those people were red and orange liberals. If anyone is suffering from high negative net approval, far and away in the lead is trudeau. Singh isn't far behind.

For someone dead set on not voting for PP, you sure seem awful fixated with him. Maybe a little PDS going on there?

I don't know where you're getting your info, but it seems wrong. Regarding high negative net approval, you know he has gotten support from long time liberal strongholds like down east and Toronto, right? He's polling in majority territory. All due to the new people coming to the party besides the base. Lots of those people were red and orange liberals. If anyone is suffering from high negative net approval, far and away in the lead is trudeau. Singh isn't far behind.

The party is riding high. PP is still low in personal approval ratings. I believe he is one or two points ahead of JT.

Posted this earlier with commentary.

The party is riding high. PP is still low in personal approval ratings. I believe he is one or two points ahead of JT.

Posted this earlier with commentary.
For most Canadians, good or bad, the party is the leader. When people elect someone like Blair, they are picking trudeau to lead, not Blair. But neither here or there. Trudeau is getting his ass handed to him by Poliviere.

For most Canadians, good or bad, the party is the leader. When people elect someone like Blair, they are picking trudeau to lead, not Blair. But neither here or there. Trudeau is getting his ass handed to him by Poliviere.

Snap! :D

The votes are in the suburbs of the major cities. The Tories already get supermajorities in no-urban Western ridings. Getting 75% of the vote instead of 60% of the vote in Portage la Prairie won’t help you if you can’t win in Surrey or Richmond.

For most Canadians, good or bad, the party is the leader. When people elect someone like Blair, they are picking trudeau to lead, not Blair.
Not the point. Plenty of people vote for a party despite the leader or because they hold their nose despite the leader. Same reason why they might vote against a party.

This is why some polling of parties still need tempering for appetite for the leader. In a lot of cases there are people who vote against the leader not for the leader.

In this case it seems that Canadians mostly would like to see someone else leading either party.

From July but still supports the premise.

I tend to err on party standings over leader standings myself but that doesn’t change the fact that a leader can still be personally unpopular.

The votes are in the suburbs of the major cities. The Tories already get supermajorities in no-urban Western ridings. Getting 75% of the vote instead of 60% of the vote in Portage la Prairie won’t help you if you can’t win in Surrey or Richmond.

Again, as I mentioned to Brihard, it is not the specifics that I disagree with. It is the gratuitous use of expressions like "Fort Bumfucknowhere" that tends to suggest a mindset that is not likely to win arguments.

Perhaps people that vote conservative are generally less concerned about the leader. For some it seems that the Leader is the Party.
Possible. Die hard conservatives would vote for a rake if it ran. Same with die hard Liberals. It’s that middle ground that may or may not.

Son, its you on the outside looking in. Not a cultist, I have stated time and time again, I will vote for any party that meets my families needs (Current conservative, have voted NDP, Green, reform, independent and harper cons)
That’s right I’m on the outside. The closest thing to a cult I have been in was the army.😁 I’ve never joined a party because politicians will always disappoint you at some point.

And he is gaining support in BC also.

This is likely to go back and forth till the election. You appear to hate PP as much as I hate trudeau and everything he stands for. We can just agree to disagree.

For someone dead set on not voting for PP, you sure seem awful fixated with him. Maybe a little PDS going on there?
Are you even reading my posts? I have stated several times that I will probably be voting CPC because Trudeau is even worse. It’s not me that needs to be sold.

We are years away from an election. Remius has posted polling data showing all leaders have high negative net approval ratings, including Poilievre. The Tories are polling well now because people are sick of Trudeau and the Liberals, but the Liberals haven’t even started their smear machine. They will have ample material to work with.

Again, as I mentioned to Brihard, it is not the specifics that I disagree with. It is the gratuitous use of expressions like "Fort Bumfucknowhere" that tends to suggest a mindset that is not likely to win arguments.
Fair enough. I grew up and spent most of my adult life outside the big cities in resource communities so I don’t feel insulted by it. They were also politically homogenous so parties didn’t have work hard because the result was pretty much predetermined.

I much prefer living there than where i am now, though.

A man wonders where you learned so much about cults.
Well, I was in the army reserve… 😁

Plenty of articles, books and documentaries on cults, extremist movements and political parties done by former members out there.

The election is over and decided before the polls in those ridings close. Ontario and Quebec dictate to Western Canada what our government will be.

To me the leader is almost unimportant. I favour conservatives simply because they are the least likely to add more costs to a government we already can't entirely afford (assuming we stop pretending that entitlement to health insurance means anything if you can't actually access a service against which you can make a claim). Conservatives might even balance the operating budget, again. I don't fear the Chicken Little hand-wringing over social issues, because the probability of the election of a parliamentary majority of social conservatives is in the neighbourhood of "inconceivable".

I can guess that if conservatives aren't elected with a majority AND capable AND willing of doing some fiscal rebalancing, then the next iteration of NDP/LPC will include demands from the junior party for tax increases. And it is still true that the middle class is where most of the tax potential lies. Predictable and predicted; now let's see who wants to test the hypothesis.

Well, I was in the army reserve… 😁

Plenty of articles, books and documentaries on cults, extremist movements and political parties done by former members out there.

Right right. Just giving you a hard time

I have stated several times that I will probably be voting CPC because Trudeau is even worse. It’s not me that needs to be sold.
Not that I'm the voting police (unless it's mariomike) but you keep mentioning probably voting CPC. It sort of seems like you're waiting for a reason to not vote for them?

Are you still on the fence because of policies or?

Back