• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Besides, it is the Loyal Opposition’s job to Oppose. Not to propose…
The "loyal" bit sorta suggests they're loyal to Canada as a whole, even if opposed to the government of the day, also suggesting they want things to be better. Too much complaining without offering viable (or any) alternatives, though, can drift into opposition just for the sake of opposition. Or opposition just to generate zinger sound bites without helping solve the problem. And that goes for opposition in any colour jersey ...

Will the winning team accept the help? Depends on the team. Current team? Not likely, but offering clear options could help reduce some people's fears based on attacks on PP.

I heard on the news something like 56% of Canadiana polled now think Trudeau should step down.

Wondering, is a long walk in the snow coming for the PM ?

Attachments

• 1000012353.jpg
    1000012353.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
I hope he doesn't step down and thus send the Liberals into oblivion in the next election.

I hope he doesn't step down and thus send the Liberals into oblivion in the next election.
My belief is that the LPC has some code built into the software that prevents it from destroying itself. Trudeau may not want to step down, but these fine folks will ensure that their party liveth on; in spite of his wishes.

Wow, not leading in any age group...

I bet the LPC HQ is an interesting place to be right now.

I'm sure they're continuing to focus on the important things ;)

Taylor Swift Magic GIF by moodman

You might be right. But I hope they are realizing they have gone too far and need to come back to the middle.

Yeah, you hang onto that dream. Meanwhile...

"Income inequality is one thing, but a permanent division into the haves and have-nots is an entirely different thing - and much less acceptable."

Chrystia Freeland

So he has lost the most optimistic group (youngsters under 29 that are just starting on life and their careers and should still have hope). He has lost the "strivers" that should be well engaged in their careers and building families (30 to 44 - a lot of them still living at home). He has lost "middle management" that should be in their peak earning years but are finding their careers cut short and facing early retirement and/or "gigs". And he is trailing even in the geriatric set where he can still find people who have fond memories of his father.

Not a lot of upsides there.

So he has lost the most optimistic group (youngsters under 29 that are just starting on life and their careers and should still have hope). He has lost the "strivers" that should be well engaged in their careers and building families (30 to 44 - a lot of them still living at home). He has lost "middle management" that should be in their peak earning years but are finding their careers cut short and facing early retirement and/or "gigs". And he is trailing even in the geriatric set where he can still find people who have fond memories of his father.

Not a lot of upsides there.

Nope, not at all.

Still a couple years until an election though. I can't see the LPC calling an early one with the way they are polling.

The Line has an excellent podcast today. They talk about a lot of subjects, but relevant topics are how our politicians pretend to be stupid (“People are in danger because of Facebook!”, “It’s a plot by ‘The Media’ to destroy the CPC!”, etc.), and strategies and wedge issues that the Liberals could use to hold on to power. Well worth the listen.

The Line has an excellent podcast today. They talk about a lot of subjects, but relevant topics are how our politicians pretend to be stupid (“People are in danger because of Facebook!”, “It’s a plot by ‘The Media’ to destroy the CPC!”, etc.), and strategies and wedge issues that the Liberals could use to hold on to power. Well worth the listen.

Listening now, thanks!

I am one of those "geriatrics" - at least by age. I have NO fond memories of "Daddy Dearest " who did his utmost to destroy this country.

I am another.

I said he could find some of our number with fond memories, not that we all had fond memories.

The women that were wearing Mary Quant mini-skirts and GoGo boots in 1968 (now there are some fond memories) are now in their 80s.

These folks are VERY good - I also like these guys (Liberal, Conservative & NDP political operators - past & current, provincial and federal - all throwing their sometimes sweary 2 cents in on a weekly basis) ...
Even here, the die-hard former Liberal operators are screaming at PMJT & Co. to do SOMETHING substantive that looks like they get the message that folks are out there hurting.

These folks are VERY good - I also like these guys (Liberal, Conservative & NDP political operators - past & current, provincial and federal - all throwing their sometimes sweary 2 cents in on a weekly basis) ...
Even here, the die-hard former Liberal operators are screaming at PMJT & Co. to do SOMETHING substantive that looks like they get the message that folks are out there hurting.

Bruce Anderson is a bit of a knob, but Chantal Hebert has her pulse on the politics. Even Mansbridge brought up examples of Trudeau`s bullshit.

Bruce Anderson is a bit of a knob, but Chantal Hebert has her pulse on the politics. Even Mansbridge brought up examples of Trudeau`s bullshit.
That's also one of my faves - and yes, Chantal DOES have her finger on the pulse, big time. She's another usually-Reddish commentator who's BIGLY underwhelmed with PMJT. On the latest episode, she said she wouldn't take any bets re: PMJT being leader for tons longer.

I wonder how many of the people screaming offered up their prize pig programs for discontinuation at any past time when it was already obvious there was no "new money" for new programs.

Back