• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting for Ottawa

The reserves isn't any different. I completed my CFAT, med, interview, and physical in June. They still haven't even gotten around to sending my file to my future unit.

Current date:  October 17
File in Ottawa awaiting RMO approval since August 21st, 2009
Trade:  RMS CLK

Why are other clerks moving along to basic training and I'm still in a holding pattern?  My recruiters can't even give me a straight answer!  My file still says ON HOLD in the computer systems, but nobody can give me a straight answer.

I'm sure the backlog has cleared, and I really don't see why there is a hold up when so many others who applied after me are pushed through.

The backlog still hasn't cleared. I handed in my forms on June 23rd and I am also waiting.

Well the last update from my Sergeant was that people who had their files waiting in Ottawa since June, July and even early August had gotten their replies.  She estimated that I should know soon.  This was 3 weeks ago.

Does that not depend on which CFRC the medical file is sent from, element, and what trade? Some of the examples I have seen of people that are still waiting are those who selected occupations that is presently not in high demand.

Obviously we are going to give priority to applicants who are going to get offer. It doesn't make sense to push through someones file who is looking for a trade that is closed until April. Also we have applicants we need to push through applicants who are starting school soon. Lots of reasons can push a file through a head of others. Everyone will get processed. It doesn't matter what CFRC the file is from it matters what the priority is.

Hey guys! I was just wondering where you guys are located?

I finished my interview/medical last thursday, and now just waiting patiently for a call. From reading around in threads, the wait varies from applicant to applicant. Hopefully you guys get your call soon!

Good luck =)

ps. FIRST POST! haha  :) :cdn:

Best wishes to you too, nfabs. My first post as well. I am patiently waiting in Vancouver.

I talked to the recruiter last week and he said that I should expect a call before Wednesday  :D But several days of torment in the mean time  :threat: so close.

EDIT: I'll also add that I went in for my medical part 2 and interview on Oct. 6th. My file must have been a hot potato for the RMO to shoot it back that fast.

SWEET. No kidding: that is some wicked recruitment chi, Bear Pusher. Good luck and many blessings to you...little Hot Potato.  :cdn:

Hey All,

Sent my forms in and got a pretty quick turn around time. (Work as a Peace Officer, Stayed in  :cdn: , no Record etc.) I am doing my CFAT on Nov 5, and I guess waiting for the new fiscal year as Combat Engineer is closed)

The reason for my post is 2 fold.

1) was wondering if I am waiting for the unlock, when can I expect to be heading back east?

2) If I score well on the CFAT, will I be presented with other options even though I only have ENG selected? Or will I be told that I have the aptitude necessary to proceed in my chosen field ?

any help is appreciated. and happy  :pumpkin: to all.

:yellow:

After you write, if you pass, you can ask to see an MCC for other options.

Thanks Boo (lol). Good luck to everyone out there!
Going to call in tomorrrrow to see what's up with my App.
I'm in Toronto. Woop!

My medical being sent to Ottawa and coming back took about 4 weeks total for evaluation and transit.

Mind you, I am applying for Pres so I could imagine maybe Regulars *should* go faster since everywhere else in the system Regulars go before reserves for appointments and processing. But, I must say I have seen some of the wait times in the application samples for other reservists and they are incredibly long compared to mine.

However, the folks at CFRC Hamilton are incredible at their jobs and their processing speed.

Hello again ,  So I wrote the apptitude test. I was promptly sat down and told that yes the test generates a list of trades that I have the apptitude for, and NO I couldn't see the list. This seems a little backwards to me, as I have had a hard time deciding what I should do. She did however lower my file below the desk to read from it, apparently I have the option of any of the NCMs and mentioned officer canditacy.  My question to the group is : Why can't/won't they show the results ?                                        and Officer or NCM (where should I go? , it will mean University for 4 years)  Thanks all  :yellow:

WTShields said:
Hello again ,  So I wrote the apptitude test. I was promptly sat down and told that yes the test generates a list of trades that I have the apptitude for, and NO I couldn't see the list. This seems a little backwards to me, as I have had a hard time deciding what I should do. She did however lower my file below the desk to read from it, apparently I have the option of any of the NCMs and mentioned officer canditacy.  My question to the group is : Why can't/won't they show the results ?                                        and Officer or NCM (where should I go? , it will mean University for 4 years)  Thanks all  :yellow:

If you already know what you want, then why would you like the opportunity to possibly skew your "honest" choices?  If you don't qualify for any of your choices, they will tell you.  This way you will be more likely to choose what you really desire, rather than second guess yourself and pick some "kool sounding" Trade that may not suit you at all.  Then again, you may not be able to make any of these decisions, and being given the list would only more confound you.  In the end, if you really, honest and truly, without any doubt, know what you want; what does it matter?  Or are you telling us something different?

The first time I did the CFAT (the old one), I was told I qualified for all trades except Combat Arms (did not accept women at the time) and Fire Fighter (too short).  I can't see why they wouldn't tell you what you qualified for, however, George Wallace is right, pick a trade (or trades) you are interested in, and go from there.

Oh, and I also qualified for officer.  You still need to meet the prerequisites.

8 Weeks so far waiting. At this point, basically expecting BMQ (assuming everything is okay) in the first quarter of the new year.

mellian said:
8 Weeks so far waiting. At this point, basically expecting BMQ (assuming everything is okay) in the first quarter of the new year.

It took 17-18 weeks for my file to come back. Hang in there.

Back