• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Click on the videos to see how many times they have been viewed on YouTube, compared with the number of "clowns". The clowns are overblown ...
That's why I'm wondering if Team Red'll get anything useful out of this - unless they can now say they're doing something. 🤷‍♂️

That fiscal responsibility (raising the retirement age) ranks #1 is just...
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office
Interesting way of interpreting it, not sure the majority of the population would agree though. I think they might get some traction seeing he was eligible for a full pension at 31. I understand your point though, and would like to see some fiscal responsibility too.

Interesting way of interpreting it, not sure the majority of the population would agree though. I think they might get some traction seeing he was eligible for a full pension at 31. I understand your point though, and would like to see some fiscal responsibility too.
He was not eligible for a full pension at 31.

Even under the prior rules, he may have been eligible for an unreduced pension, but it would have been based on his paid years, but would not have been maxed out.

He was not eligible for a full pension at 31.

Even under the prior rules, he may have been eligible for an unreduced pension, but it would have been based on his paid years, but would not have been maxed out.

Darn it, my bad. The wording got me hook, line, and sinker. Should have looked into it more.

So MPs get 3% accrual rate per year service and prior to 2016 it was payable at 55yo unreduced (65yo now)?

It's smoke and mirrors, completely reframing good policy into something it's not PLUS linking it to something completely unrelated to poison the population against a necessary action.

He's a skeezy, lifelong political animal that's gotten wealthy at the taxpayers dime- that's true. But that fact has nothing to do with raising the eligibility criteria for old age welfare and public pensions- which in turn is not the same as "raising the retirement age"

I don't doubt they'll gain traction with it- the fact it's leading speaks to that. It's a nice political play.

Recent interview with Poilievre. I’m a bit surprised that he says that he doesn’t remember Diagolon (the group that threatened his wife) when asked a direct question about it.

Recent interview with Poilievre. I’m a bit surprised that he says that he doesn’t remember Diagolon (the group that threatened his wife) when asked a direct question about it.
That would have been super easy to slide right past with a single mild condemnation, then on to something else substantive. I don’t know why he felt the need to be disingenuous on this one.

That would have been super easy to slide right past with a single mild condemnation, then on to something else substantive ...
Especially in a smaller-to-medium-market media interview or story that's not shared outside the region.

If this was filed as a Local Journalism Initiative story, where everyone who gets $ from Ottawa for reporters has to share their stuff with everyone else who got $ for reporters, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe more of a chance of being picked up - but sudbury.com ain't on the list.

That would have been super easy to slide right past with a single mild condemnation, then on to something else substantive. I don’t know why he felt the need to be disingenuous on this one.
I will be that asshole. So are you voting for Pierre's CPC or not?

No idea who I’m voting for yet, we’re still 14 months out and a lot can happen. I need to see more comprehensive platforms that talk concretely about policy. I need to see who’s running in my riding (my neighbourhood is, I believe, changing ridings) and how I assess them as candidates. I’ll decide which used diaper smells the least bad later.

Politicians have a knack at forgetting, not remembering or recalling things when it suits them.

I’m not terribly surprised.

Why do you want to know, so you can discredit whatever he says or make ad hominem attacks?

Voting for PP/CPC isn’t exactly the bastion of strength either. If you think this interview reflected positively on PP, great. From his comments at the end of the interview I think he knows he reached too far. Not a big deal but I think he can do better, and hope he does in the future.

It’s way too easy to criticize the way people vote.

And the LPC is now borrowing a tactic from the Dems labelling PP and the CPC “weird”.

Weird Al Yankovic best be collecting royalties for all of this, on both sides of the border.

Why do you want to know, so you can discredit whatever he says or make ad hominem attacks?

Voting for PP/CPC isn’t exactly the bastion of strength either. If you think this interview reflected positively on PP, great. From his comments at the end of the interview I think he knows he reached too far. Not a big deal but I think he can do better, and hope he does in the future.

It’s way too easy to criticize the way people vote.
There is a small crowd here that barely notices Trudeau and his clown show. But Pierre farts in a car and they think he should be nailed at the cross.

This article was a big nothing burger.

Heres a realty check. Election is October 2025 or possibly sooner (If Jagmeet decides after February he has had enough, could be sooner)

Liberals? Not an option. They have blown it so bad you have to be a complete moron or completely lacking in integrity to keep voting Liberals under this brand name.

NDP? Nope. They have ZERO options for running a country and have been the complain party/hypocrite party (Talks about how terrible Justin and keeps supporting him), There Liberals but worse. And most union people I know will not vote NDP until they do a huge about face.

Bloc? Reasonable choice if your in Quebec, maybe. I am not.

Liz May Party? Hell no. She needs to put it down and give up.

That leaves Pierre's brand of CPC. He actually has a lot of good ideas and reasonable logical concepts, he explains them all the time but that certain "Hang Pierre P at all cost" crowd here play the head in the sand BS "He has no plan..." What? WHAT? Trudeau actually just stole one of Pierre's ideas very recently. Need me to explain it?

PP? Why in gods green earth would you even compare or put PP with CPC? Mad Max is a big nothing cry baby and still failed to gain a seat. No one else puts the two of them together.

Anything else?

There is a small crowd here that barely notices Trudeau and his clown show. But Pierre farts in a car and they think he should be nailed at the cross.
Since this is definitely directed at me (among others), I'll retort.

We definitely DO notice Trudeau and his clown show. I think every one of us has commented at some point on Trudeau's failings and exclaimed our desire for their to be a different LPC leader.

We just don't chose to lambast him on here because we don't need to; the majority on this site take of that for us. We're more of the sober second thought providing the "minority" opinion trying to keep everyone honest.

Edit to add: and we don't need to provide for you a "reasonable third option" to answer the question "if not PP, who else". The point of this site is to share ideas and challenges positions. We'll all figure it out for ourselves come election day.

Not really. They just don’t get as upset as some.
This article was a big nothing burger.

Heres a realty check. Election is October 2025 or possibly sooner (If Jagmeet decides after February he has had enough, could be sooner)
Doubtful. Singh will ride this out.
Liberals? Not an option. They have blown it so bad you have to be a complete moron or completely lacking in integrity to keep voting Liberals under this brand name.
I really hate it when people label how people decide to vote. Just because they vote for other reasons than yours isn’t a reason to call them morons or lacking integrity. That is the path of the polarized extreme. Give it a rest.
NDP? Nope. They have ZERO options for running a country and have been the complain party/hypocrite party (Talks about how terrible Justin and keeps supporting him), There Liberals but worse. And most union people I know will not vote NDP until they do a huge about face.
Again, reasons that might not be yours.
Bloc? Reasonable choice if your in Quebec, maybe. I am not.
Again reasons that are definitely not yours.
Liz May Party? Hell no. She needs to put it down and give up.
Can’t say I am a fan of hers but is suspect some people park their vote there for their own reasons.
That leaves Pierre's brand of CPC. He actually has a lot of good ideas and reasonable logical concepts, he explains them all the time but that certain "Hang Pierre P at all cost" crowd here play the head in the sand BS "He has no plan..." What? WHAT? Trudeau actually just stole one of Pierre's ideas very recently. Need me to explain it?
Depends on if some one thinks his ideas are good or not. You think so. Good for you. Stop telling people how they should think or vote and then having yet another tantrum when they fail to follow your view of things.

Guess what? Politicians on all sides get criticized all the time. Suck it up. I’ve noticed anytime he gets criticized you end up attacking and making things personal. Calm yourself and have a rational discussion for once. You will never convince someone you are trying to convince that your arguments are valid if you do that.

I doubt you could explain it. Frankly I could care less. I’m not taking my voting cues from you.
PP? Why in gods green earth would you even compare or put PP with CPC? Mad Max is a big nothing cry baby and still failed to gain a seat. No one else puts the two of them together.
PP=Pierre Poilievre. I’m not sure that Peopleks Party is much of a factor anymore.
Anything else?
Nope. you?

Not one of the two above post changes my thoughts and if anything, just demonstrates my point.

Back