• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

You just don't like what you see.

I see them as one of the few who are posting about public hearings where questionable election/ballot management processes were going on.
They don’t have a good track record and their polling methodologies are…questionable.

You just don't like what you see.

I see them as one of the few who are posting about public hearings where questionable election/ballot management processes were going on.
Just a friendly reminder that any such alleged irregularities were the subject of dozens of lawsuits by team Trump. They lost all of them. That’s the larger context of the sort of stuff Rasmussen has talked about. While there are ongoing ‘hearings’ and sundry partisan tantrums, there’s no live controversy before any of the courts. They might as well report on public hearings on the conduct of the 2020 Stanley Cup.

Just a friendly reminder that any such alleged irregularities were the subject of dozens of lawsuits by team Trump. They lost all of them. That’s the larger context of the sort of stuff Rasmussen has talked about. While there are ongoing ‘hearings’ and sundry partisan tantrums, there’s no live controversy before any of the courts. They might as well report on public hearings on the conduct of the 2020 Stanley Cup.

Much more has now been learned, I don't think this issue is going to be buried for good just yet.

Much more has now been learned, I don't think this issue is going to be buried for good just yet.
While there will no doubt be similar tantrums in a few months, the courts are where this gets resolved. Nothing remotely approaching a legitimate challenge of the election results has materialized. The only ongoing court proceedings of any significance regarding electoral fraud is the prosecution of the Republican fraudulent electors. Several accused in the conspiracy have pled and flipped, and the first actual fraudulent elector herself just took a guilty plea.

By all means remain interested in allegations of election fraud. I am. But look at the facts and be honest about what it actually was and who was mostly doing it.

To try and swerve this back somewhat connected to the thread at hand...

There are numerous avenues of electoral interference going on in the US and in Canada. We've seen it up here with the Chinese interference scandal. Of course we've all heard that it didn't affect the outcome... But we, as the general public, will not know just how much interference took place or to what degree. I don't think any country is going to publicly admit their sitting government is potentially not legitimate - there would be chaos. Even PP has been more quiet on that then I'd like to see.

Come on Brihard, didn't you watch the Narcos season where the cartel changed the outcome of the election by bribing and threatening the IT guy to mess with the algorithm of the electronic vote tabulator? If it happened in Netflix land it can happen here or the US too.

But more seriously, the only way I see to strengthen electoral integrity is to go exclusively to paper ballots cast by proven citizens that are hand counted on the day with multiple observers from all sides. Oddly in the US, one party specifically and a number of establishment types are totally against even proof of citizenship while keeping the border wide open for illegal entries in the millions now. Nothing good can come of that.

There are numerous avenues of electoral interference going on in the US and in Canada. We've seen it up here with the Chinese interference scandal. Of course we've all heard that it didn't affect the outcome... But we, as the general public, will not know just how much interference took place or to what degree. I don't think any country is going to publicly admit their sitting government is potentially not legitimate - there would be chaos. Even PP has been more quiet on that then I'd like to see.

Come on Brihard, didn't you watch the Narcos season where the cartel changed the outcome of the election by bribing and threatening the IT guy to mess with the algorithm of the electronic vote tabulator? If it happened in Netflix land it can happen here or the US too.

But more seriously, the only way I see to strengthen electoral integrity is to go exclusively to paper ballots cast by proven citizens that are hand counted on the day with multiple observers from all sides. Oddly in the US, one party specifically and a number of establishment types are totally against even proof of citizenship while keeping the border wide open for illegal entries in the millions now. Nothing good can come of that.
are we supposed to have electronic voting here for the next election?

My apologies, I lost track of which thread we were in. I thought I was replying in a US one or I’d not have gone on that tangent.

Sadly no, I’ve heard Narcos is good but have barely any time to watch shows anymore. Life’s too busy.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest our vote tabulation is actually at risk of compromise. All of our ballots are paper ballots, and though machine tabulated for speed and efficiency, they’re all physically available for manual review and recount. Our system works wel.

I share the general concern about foreign interference in our various democratic processes, it’s just not something I’m prepared or able to get into much discussion about. I do still intend to post a summary of our recent updates to criminal and other law around foreign interference, sorry.

Back