• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarnhamar said:
I wonder if they'll have a website you can scroll through and "add to cart".

Ottawa creating ‘inventory’ of racial minorities to fill senior public service posts
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ottawa-creating-inventory-of-racial-minorities-to-fill-senior-public/

Does that mean seperate washrooms, drinking fountains, ? Just kidding ;)

Feds 'looking into' alleged bullying by RCMP employee facing security charges
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/feds-looking-into-alleged-bullying-by-rcmp-employee-facing-security-charges/ar-BB18yEdg

Corruption and bullying is synonymous with the LPC.

Jarnhamar said:

Maybe they will be voted out in the next election.

Jarnhamar said:
Feds 'looking into' alleged bullying by RCMP employee facing security charges
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/feds-looking-into-alleged-bullying-by-rcmp-employee-facing-security-charges/ar-BB18yEdg

I'm quite happy to rail against the Liberal Party and their corrupt practices, but how exactly do harassment complaints by RCMP employees against their supervisor imply corruption and bullying by the LPC?  Sounds like more of the ongoing management issues with the Mounties than anything Liberal related.

Yeah, I’m not sure what the link is with the LPC is.

The guy was a known a hole.  Good riddance.

GR66 said:
I'm quite happy to rail against the Liberal Party and their corrupt practices, but how exactly do harassment complaints by RCMP employees against their supervisor imply corruption and bullying by the LPC?  Sounds like more of the ongoing management issues with the Mounties than anything Liberal related.

The LPC appear to have a culture of corruption and bullying. RCMP answer to the government.

Does anyone think Doug Ford had no idea what kind of crap was going down in nursing homes? Or did the nursing home owners have an idea what they could get away with. I think the same principal applies.

Jarnhamar said:
The LPC appear to have a culture of corruption and bullying.

RCMP answer to the government.

If it were the CPC in charge, would you say the same thing?

Seems like a pretty broad brush to me.

PMedMoe said:
If it were the CPC in charge, would you say the same thing?

Seems like a pretty broad brush to me.

I would yes.

I was against Bill C-51 because I felt it crossed privacy lines and I didn't trust the conservatives not to abuse it.
I also think the Conservatives courted firearm owners (big issue for me) and basically fucked them off when it was convenient (some would say they did the same to the CAF).

But it's not the conservative prime minister getting hit with ethical violation after ethical violation and what seems like corruption in the party. WE scandal, SNC and so on.

Would you say the LPC doesn't have bullying issues?

I'll add a couple examples of where my heads at (no not up my ass :) ) with the RCMP and Liberal vs Conservative.

Conservatives cancel the long gun registry and tell the RCMP to delete the information. The RCMP disobey that order and keep the records and then use it to track down firearms during the red river floods.
RCMP tries to prohibit a few guns (SWISS ARMS) and the Conservatives get involved and stop it.

LPC use a mass shooting and pandemic to smash through gun bans. RCMP eagerly ban more guns over the following two weeks that weren't on the original list.

Documents prove federal youth minister, not public service, drove hiring of WE Charity: NDP

NDP ethics critic Charlie Angus levelled the charge against Bardish Chagger, alleging the documents directly contradict the Liberals’ version of events

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ndp-says-documents-prove-youth-minister-played-key-role-in-we-controversy/wcm/c2461a7e-41d2-4346-b48c-4dab170543fb/

Someone in the current government being liberal with the truth? 

I don't know if this was brought up before.

Trudeau cautions against extremism in John A. Macdonald statue debate

The Globe and Mail
Bill Curry

OTTAWA
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trudeau-cautions-against-extremism-in-john-a-macdonald-statue-debate/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau cautioned against extremism in the political debate over historical figures such as Sir John A. Macdonald as the country works to address systemic racism in government institutions.

Speaking Monday in Montreal, where protesters toppled a statue of Canada’s first prime minister during a rally Saturday, Mr. Trudeau said vandalism is not the answer and that he was “deeply disappointed” by what had happened. He also said strong reactions driven by outrage are not a responsible way to move forward.

“We’ve seen, following that, people on either side of the spectrum trying to use these elements as a way of furthering debates,” he said, adding later in French: “I think that we’re seeing, particularly on the extreme right, that they’re trying to start culture wars and divide Canadians on issues such as that.”

He did not name anyone in particular.

Article

I believe that was a stupid comment by the PM as the so-culture wars and division seem to be coming mostly from the far-left

shawn5o said:
I don't know if this was brought up before.

Trudeau cautions against extremism in John A. Macdonald statue debate

The Globe and Mail
Bill Curry

OTTAWA
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trudeau-cautions-against-extremism-in-john-a-macdonald-statue-debate/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau cautioned against extremism in the political debate over historical figures such as Sir John A. Macdonald as the country works to address systemic racism in government institutions.

Speaking Monday in Montreal, where protesters toppled a statue of Canada’s first prime minister during a rally Saturday, Mr. Trudeau said vandalism is not the answer and that he was “deeply disappointed” by what had happened. He also said strong reactions driven by outrage are not a responsible way to move forward.

“We’ve seen, following that, people on either side of the spectrum trying to use these elements as a way of furthering debates,” he said, adding later in French: “I think that we’re seeing, particularly on the extreme right, that they’re trying to start culture wars and divide Canadians on issues such as that.”

He did not name anyone in particular.

Article

I believe that was a stupid comment by the PM as the so-culture wars and division seem to be coming mostly from the far-left

His daddy's statue got a facial and it was a hate crime. Our first Prime Minister gets dumped and his head falls off and it's disappointing. And the right is the problem. Quelle Surprise.

Target Up said:
His daddy's statue got a facial and it was a hate crime. Our first Prime Minister gets dumped and his head falls off and it's disappointing. And the right is the problem. Quelle Surprise.

Unfortunately our John A. was suppportive of the pro-slavery side in the US civil war, which could have had something to do with his head rolling. And he 'was' a conservative!

Not to suggest that Canadians should get into copying Americans on taking down monuments.

Donald H said:
Unfortunately our John A. was suppportive of the pro-slavery side in the US civil war, which could have had something to do with his head rolling. And he 'was' a conservative!

Not to suggest that Canadians should get into copying Americans on taking down monuments.

Looking at 200 year old events with a 21st century lens is a mugs game, full stop. It's possible your G pa or G ma might have dropped a "N" bomb from time to time back when, especially if your from an east coast city that either rhymes with kidney or kallifax. Better pull all their pics out of the family albums and burn them, then go kick over their headstones, just to be on the safe side. It's fucking stupid.

Target Up said:
Looking at 200 year old events with a 21st century lens is a mugs game, full stop. It's possible your G pa or G ma might have dropped a "N" bomb from time to time back when, especially if your from an east coast city that either rhymes with kidney or kallifax. Better pull all their pics out of the family albums and burn them, then go kick over their headstones, just to be on the safe side. It's ******* stupid.

I had already made it clear that I wasn't in favour of John A's head rolling. In the US it's not so much as their reasons are 200 years old, it's that the statues they're pulling down were erected much later for the effect they had on black people. Much the same as burning crosses and lynchings. While I would say that John A's stature wasn't erected for any such purpose, but more to honour him as our first P.M.

Still, those who pulled it down were very likely motivated by John A's track record on supporting slavery.

Donald H said:
I had already made it clear that I wasn't in favour of John A's head rolling. In the US it's not so much as their reasons are 200 years old, it's that the statues they're pulling down were erected much later for the effect they had on black people. Much the same as burning crosses and lynchings. While I would say that John A's stature wasn't erected for any such purpose, but more to honour him as our first P.M.

Still, those who pulled it down were very likely motivated by John A's track record on supporting slavery.

I give, you win, have fun. Bye now.

Donald H said:

I think many Canadians(BNAians) were supportive of the South at the time as divided America would be a weaker America.

suffolkowner said:
I think many Canadians(BNAians) were supportive of the South at the time as divided America would be a weaker America.

The War of 1812 was still in some people's minds.  A lot of people in the British Empire would have been fine with a fractured US at the time

Donald H said:

Hey Don

I wonder if the vandals will tear down the Famous Five statue. After all, at least one of them was racist and believed in the eugenics movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back